Faulty seal on Aust Post 3kg satchels?

Hi, I recently purchased 100 x white Flat rate 3kg satchels that seem faulty.  I'm concerned that these satchels can easily be opened at any stage in transit, and resealed without any evidence of the parcel being tampered with. I'm not sure if this is a one-off or a wide spread problem. Anyone else had satchels like this recently?

I seal in the normal way, but can re-open the satchel very easily by just peeling back the flap; they can easily be re-opened and resealed a number of times.

thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Happens occasionally with a batch. Always double check, and tape over if necessary.

You could always sent a message to AP shop and they may send you a new batch, even if only for good PR sake. I am sure youwouldn't be the only complainant and they wil be aware of it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@pruetrading wrote:

Hi, I recently purchased 100 x white Flat rate 3kg satchels that seem faulty.  I'm concerned that these satchels can easily be opened at any stage in transit, and resealed without any evidence of the parcel being tampered with. I'm not sure if this is a one-off or a wide spread problem. Anyone else had satchels like this recently?

I seal in the normal way, but can re-open the satchel very easily by just peeling back the flap; they can easily be re-opened and resealed a number of times.

thanks

A few months a go I got a really bad batch I was taking 6 parcls in when I notice 1 was open where the label goes on checking the others 2 more where open and the other 3 was easy to open. After that I taped shut both the clear envolpe and the parcel itself

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Happens occasionally with a batch. Always double check, and tape over if necessary.

You could always sent a message to AP shop and they may send you a new batch, even if only for good PR sake. I am sure youwouldn't be the only complainant and they wil be aware of it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Australia Post have replied saying its a known issue that they are fixing, and will send me replacement satchels tomorrow. I am happy with their response - I contacted AP via ebay messages from my purchase order link and they replied within 24 hrs
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply