Fed Up - Non paying buyers!

ki55ma
Community Member

Seriously sick to death of sellers NOT having the ability to at least leave neutral feedback for buyers that don't pay for items and do not communicate. 
Twice in less then a month I have had to do unpaid item cases, the first buyer just ignored it completely. Second buyer I am still awaiting a response. 

AND I have to wait 4 days to lodge the unpaid item case, then another 4 days awaiting a response from buyer  that usually doesn't come. Buyers need to start being held accountable for not paying for items, the current protocols buyers just treat like a joke and eBay doesn't care in the slightest as we the sellers still get slugged for wasting our time and fees with relisting etc. 
Ebay doesn't seem to care about sellers who not only pay the substantial fees but also spend considerable time photographing, describing and listing items. 

I don't see the current protocols by eBay supporting the hard work and financial costs that sellers put in. 

Buyers need to start receiving feedback that they deserve, so that other sellers can block them from bidding if required. 

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

NPB's are a fact of life. I totally agree with you but it aint gunna happen. Ebay will NEVER do anything to hurt or upset their precious buyers.

Just open a NPB claim and follow it through. They will get a strike and yes - strikes do work. I have a list of about 20 people who tried to buy from me but were blocked by ebays system. 

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Remove the Auction option and just make your items Buy it Now with immediate payment.

Eliminates non-payers 100% of the time.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

if all sellers use non paying bidder option on these people who dont pay then all sellers set their options to block non paying bidders we would cut the number of them down quite a lot. trouble is a lot of sellers dont do the NPB so the cretins get away with it.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

ki55ma
Community Member

As sellers we should be able to maintain in what format we sell at. it is perhaps time sellers banded together and made eBay change the feedback options for NPB's. 
It is afterall US the sellers that keep eBay making money, if we didn'y list for a week eBay would soon work it out. Imagine the money they'd lose. 
Ebay has to start listening AND hearing the sellers. 

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Feedback doesn't work to stop non payers.

They can still select BIN if immediate payment not set up or bid in the last few minutes of an auction.

What eBay should do is have blocks for non payers automatically on all accounts.

image host
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

You're totally incorrect in assuming that sellers are ebay's bread and butter,infact buyers are ebay's bread and butter.

I'm proof of what I just said because as a seller I got booted off ebay for being an excellent seller but ebay sided with the scamming

buyers.

But now that I'm still buying I'm treated like a queen and if I wanted to I could easily become a scammer lol.

Ebay needs to wake up and smell the stink that bad buyers are producing and do something about it. Woman Frustrated

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

i too was extremely sick of NPB - and then i did what cushioncovers has done and have never looked back.

immediate payment required via paypal on all listings - never had a NPB since :]

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Buyers sre not the ones paying all the fees, sellers are. 
Although I get it that without both ebay would die in its a**. 
But they need sellers in the first place for the buyers. 🙂

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@ki55ma wrote:

Buyers sre not the ones paying all the fees, sellers are. 
Although I get it that without both ebay would die in its a**. 
But they need sellers in the first place for the buyers. 🙂

Ebay has several streams of income. One very important one for ebay is the advertising it puts on the site. This means that a major component of its income does not come directly from buyers or sellers, or the transactions they make.

Of the component of income ebay does recieve from sellers, a large component of this comes from the major brands and huge Chinese junk sellers. The percentage of ebays income that comes directly from the sales of used items and small sellers is very small overall. The cost of servicing millions of small sellers may in fact eat up most of the fees the small sellers pay.

The advantage of having small sellers is that these people are often buyers, spending the money they make on ebay, purchasing items from both small and large sellers on the platform. The more eclectic and unusual items small sellers stock also attracts more buyers to the site. This is what creates the viewers for the ADVERTISING PLATFORM that ebay makes substantial profits from.

To directly address the issue of feedback for NPB's, I believe ebay should have a generic red feedback dot with a slogan such as " buyer did not pay for this item"  which applies to every succesfully completed, non payment dispute in the resolution centre.

I,m a realists though. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN  !!!!!.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply