Feedback Question

I  know feedback has been posted about before and how other people have said that as a buyer they don't leave feedback. But i am kind of annoyed, I always give all of my buyers feedback as i personally find it a nice thing to do. But since i've started selling on here, almost all of the people (except 1) haven't left me feedback. I know that they aren't obliged to do so but i do however think that it would be a nice thing to do in return. This annoyingness has me thinking, i am now thinking of having the policy of 'if they give me feedback, i will give them feedback', So my question is to the other sellers on here do you think that is rude to have that policy???, do you have a feedback policy??

Personally i feel that some people may find that rude but i personally see it as fair, and it's not like i am forcing them to give me feedback, they don't have to, if they don't want to. As i feel like i am being nice by leaving feedback and other people don't do the same in return.

-Alicia

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Feedback Question

A lot of sellers only leave feedback after receiving feedback from the buyer, some sellers don't leave any feedback at all.

As a seller, we leave feedback for buyers as soon as items are posted and don't worry about whether buyers leave feedback.

As a buyer, I often check my feedback to quickly find sellers so I can place repeat orders.

You have to decide which is best for your selling. Will it affect sales in any way?

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

My current thoughts on feedback as a SELLER is that I will leave feedback soon after the buyer pays, and if the buyer doesn't leave me feedback then so be it.

As a BUYER, I leave feedback once I receive an item and am sure that all is okay.  If a seller doesn't leave me feedback . . . . then so be it!

If a seller has in their listing "I will leave feedback once it is received from my buyer" then that would not sway me either way from buying/not buying from that seller as I don't worry about feedback.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

I see your point with will it affect my sales?, like k1000-slr-sales said it wouldn't sway them either way from buying or not buying. Personally for me as a buyer i check the sellers fedback before buying their item, so i feel that for those people who are like me and do that, that with the buyers leaving me feedback does help with my sales. I always return feedback as a buyer and a seller. But yes having that policy may affect my sales. Thanks for your reply.

Edit: I also mean it may affect them in a negative way, not just a positive.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

I usually (99 times out of 100) leave feedback first - on the day I have posted a buyers parcel. 

The opportunity to leave feedback, provides a further opportunity for me to say thank-you to the buyer, rate their payment speed and confirm (and put on the public record) actual post date of item.

For multiple purchases I usually leave feedback for all but one of the items. More of habit than having a clear rationale to withhold just one.

From time to time if I strike a buyer that has been a very, very late payer, has been very rude or aggressive or way too liberal in dishing out negatives to other seemingly great sellers, I do not leave feedback until they leave it for me. 

I have confidence in the items I sell and that my descriptions are accurate, I am also confident with my ability to work with a buyer to resolve any issues that may arise, whether that be post, misunderstandings or dissatisfaction with their purchase. 

I also have a level of confidence of ebay in this particular area who have removed  a couple of negatives from this particular ID when it was clear the buyers had not read the listing descriptions.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

As a buyer, I always appreciate when a seller leaves feedback after payment. Not that I get annoyed if they don’t, but it just gives me a nice vibe about the overall transaction if they do. I always leave feedback either way once item is received.

Since I recently started selling I always leave feedback first, as soon as payment received. It is difficult when you are starting out and desperate to build up your score, but try to be patient. Some buyers don’t leave feedback until a month of more later, I seem to get feedback on 85-90% of sales eventually.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

@dan_and_ally wrote:

I see your point with will it affect my sales?, 

It is possible to affect sales; I've seen a number of members post on the forum that they're sick of not receiving FB after paying, won't buy from sellers who don't leave FB first.....etc. But personally, that just makes me ask if someone is going to make a purchase decision based on whether they get feedback before they leave it, what other kinds of decisions will they make and based on what other kinds of details.... hmm 

I don't have an official policy - not one that is stated anywhere in my listings, but unofficially it is that I leave feedback for every successful transaction, and in practice it is very similar to thecatspjs - 99% of the time I leave it for buyers after payment, (helps to avoid the FB version of a Mexican stand-off Smiley LOL ) however I'm not convinced that when a seller leaves it has much bearing on sales, or FB return rate. Not so long ago I probably received FB on around 80% of my sales, but lately it's more around the 50% mark, so I think it's just something that people are losing interest in. 

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

@greylion you said " Some buyers don’t leave feedback until a month of more later" wow really, some buyers wait that long??

@thecatspjs thank you for your reply i appreciate it.
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

@digitalghost at this point i leave feedback as soon i send their purchase. But if people feel that they don't like it when the seller doesn't leave it first, then what about us sellers who do leave it and never receive it?, that being a rhetorical question. What is fair or shouldn't being fair matter on ebay, its just ah whatever you know.

I don't know, i just personally think it's a nice and moral thing to do, if the seller leaves you feedback right away, then to leave the seller feedback when you receive the parcel, to me it doesn't take long to do and is just respectful and find those people who don't do as such rude for not doing so.

Though i think i am just going to have to decide to try and not care about feedback or have the policy of fairness.

Edit: i mean "ah whatever" for other peoples way of thinking not yours.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Feedback Question

@greylion you said " Some buyers don’t leave feedback until a month of more later" wow really, some buyers wait that long??

Yep. I've found some buyers just leave feedback for all their purchases once a month or every so often. Just a copy paste, same feedback for everyone - they don't leave DSRs.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply