Feedback System is a complete FAILURE

I would like to stress my opinion on the complete failure of the ebay feedback system. As a business seller in all my seller adds i offer a complete refund or product replacement with no questions asked, weather it be postal damage, buyer not happy , whatever the case the option is to return the item and a full refund is granted. with offering a policy like this as  business owners in Australia have to by LAW, why is it that a buyer can still out of frustration post negative feedback ??? this is in no way a fair system to business owners who pay thousands of dollars in fees per year.

Also i would like to add that as a percentage on my sales alone only 55% of buyers have left feedback, so with this figure it is not an accurate reading on my seller performance.

Ebay needs to accomodate business sellers with new terms and conditions set out, as being a registered business is already has laws involved and is much differant to a public person selling an odd item here and there, that is where the feedback system creates confidence in buying from a stranger.

In my opinion being a business seller on ebay and with current laws and poilicies from ebay itself it is always a battle and very stressful to be able to trade efficiently. as a business seller the feedback system should be completly overhauled as a buyer is already assured of a secure purchase with current laws.

In summary the system in place is a complete failure and as a business owner i feel like a naughty school child when a complaint is handled by ebay itself.

Regards.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Feedback System is a complete FAILURE

If registered is the only option that buyers have to choose from, then they don't have a choice. There is no point offering standard post at say free postage or $2, then having the option of registered for say $6 because they are always going to choose the cheaper option. Majority of my large letter items are cheap so I'm not worried, but if I do have a dearer one, then registered or express are the only option they get to choose from.

As for AP having free tracking on letters, it will never happen. The cost would be prohibitive. When you look at the thousands of letters that get dropped in the box every day, imagine everyone one of those people having to go to the counter like they do for a parcel? For it to be brought in, the cost of postage would have to increase, then you'd have everyone bleating about yet another increase and it's not fair that people in China can post for a few cents. 

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

when it gets down to it, items of low value, not much weight and size, well postage will the problem.

i have problems with items of $30 to $40 that often are just over the 500G limit, if i charge actual cost people think i'm ripping them off.

so i have to fiddle the charges, up the price of my item a few dollars and still list as under 500G.

would be much better if it went under 500G then 750G then 1kg or over. for me.

or better still, have a system where you pay so much for ever 10grams over a set limit

but thats too hard isnt it.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Will these items fit in a BX1 box by any chance? Same postage rate as 500g satchel (through Ebay) but allowed to weigh up to 1kg.

i sell books for $5.50 with $7.60 postage.

Horses for courses?

An item is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Your reply is based on no such evidence on how i run my business, i have been established for over 22 years now and never had an unrelsoved issue with any customers ever, I cannot control how the goods get treated once they leave my factory and if damaged is received by the ever reliable postal and freight companies i will always compensate the buyer at my expense, by simply saying that a buyer complains and blames my business for a damaged product is at my fault is simply obnoxious and an insult to any business operator.

I take great offense at your one sided attack on how you think i run my operation and your appoligy is accepted in advance.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

"no such evidence"

Are you delusional? your customers feedback is your evidence. You dont just have a few negs... you have a huge amount for the number of items you sell. Every seller on Ebay only has a certain amount of buyers leave feedback - all of us are in the same boat. yet you are the one that has an obviously high amount of negs, all complaining of the same things. Its not just mild coincidental evidence, its a sledgehammer.

" i have been established for over 22 years now and never had an unrelsoved issue with any customers ever"

You are completely missing the point. Giving someone a refund that they agree to does NOT mean the issue of a negative experience is resolved for them - this is made crystal clear by the negative feedback they have left you. Again, giving a refund does not make things better, its just a legal or ethical requirement, or smart business practice.  I cant begin to wonder how many had issues with you but left positive feedback simply because you gave a refund. How many issues you have compared to how many customers you have, therefore, probably higher than what your neg feedback suggests. Thats really a crazy amount of problems.

" I cannot control how the goods get treated once they leave my factory and if damaged is received by the ever reliable postal and freight companies i will always compensate the buyer at my expense"

And again, we are all in the same boat - there are many sellers on eBay who sell fragile items etc etc.. yet YOU are the one with the terrible feedback history, not everyone else. This demonstrates clearly there there is something YOU are doing in your business wrong or poorly.  And again, compensation does not take away a negative experience for the buyer - for them it doesnt resolve the negative experience. The negative experience they had with you or your product still happened, refund or not.  

Everyone gets the occassional obnoxious buyer. But look at other aussie sellers feedback - yours has an extremely high amount of negs, with most of them stating the same types of complaints. You really think thats just a huge coincidence and its just because all these people who happened to have bought from YOU are obnoxious? again, are you delusional?

I dont need to attack how you run your operation. You are being told by your customers, in big neon flashing lights there is something seriously wrong.   If you choose to believe its everyone else and not you or your business, then youll get more negs, have greater finacial loss due to compensation and refunds, and eBay will permanently close your store doors - because thats what they do.

OR, you can acknowledge there are obvious problems, figure out what they are (hint: read your neg comments, they tell you) and decide on a plan to fix them. Then youll have less complaints, have less financial loss through giving compensation and refunds, youll get more sales due to better feedback and happier customers and eBay wont close your doors. Your choice. This isnt rocket science.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply