Feedback follow-up

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Buyers are supposed to have anonymity aren't they?

I have noticed a lot of sellers (and large ones at that) leaving

follow-up replies to negative/neutral feedback naming the disgruntled buyers,

for all to see.

And I'm talking Aussie sellers, not the million and one chinese sellers.

I think it's poor public relations myself,  in that it reflects badly on

your ability to deal with the situation.

So, is this allowed?  Or are they bending the rules do you think?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Feedback follow-up

Well imastawka highly respected sellers on these boards leave the IDs of buyers in their follow ups so other sellers can benefit from their heads up and add to their BBLs on the chance they may buy from them one day.

Works for me, as I simply do not want to deal with the types of buyers that the follow ups are most usually  left for. 

From this type of information left by sellers trying to look after other sellers, I have added dozens of buyer IDs to my BBL that leave serial negative feedback / have multiple missing parcels / extort for partial refunds on a regular basis etc etc 

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

It might not help us but it will most certainly help other sellers. One of my buyers likes to gives neg and neuts to most his sellers because australia post doesn't live up to his expectations and takes 3 days to deliver. Unfortunately I didn't leave his name in the reply but it was his feedback that prompted me to start doing it. I will do it now to anyone who leaves a neg for any reason.
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

So, is this allowed?  Or are they bending the rules do you think?

Just to clarify, as harley said, there is (currently) no policy stating a buyer's user ID can not be used in a feedback comment, only that personally identifying details can't be used (real name, address info, email address, phone numbers). 

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Everyone gets the green.

I bow to public opinion        content and happy emoticon

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I can see why sellers do it, and I don't really support the removal of IDs in FB comments (if someone wants to contribute to a public record, let that record actually be public both ways, I say), but the thing is... a buyer could take 30 seconds to mitigate the effect of being named in a follow-up; not even by reporting it, either. 

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Hey stawka

I agree with the sellers doing that as well. I am of the opinion that if negative FB is left, the seller has a right to defend.

The fact that eBay saw fit to make buyers completely anonymous caused a lot of discontent, and if faced with an unwarranted or retaliatory negative I would also name said buyer.

By retaliatory I mean the following scenario:

Buyer received faulty  item and requested Partial Refund, seller denied, offering to pay return postage if the item was indeed found to be faulty once received, and to fully refund of course with the cost of return postage included. Buyer would not have been out of pocket at all, however, said buyer, wanted to keep the item and get a bit of Cash Back.

Seller stuck to their guns, buyer backed away, but left negative - On what grounds ??  the seller was following protocol exactly and was willing to reimburse buyer for any costs, they just needed to verify the 'alleged fault' as is their right to do so.

And there are buyers out there who make quite a bit of extra cash with this little game, but now we will never know who they are.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I don't have bad buyers either,took 1 yr before i had a problem & found this place.

Reading all the horrible things that can happen is a real eye opener.

If i cop a neg & it's my fault then i would not do that fb reply unless it's an honest apology.

I like your funny user name & P.S it's not stalking if you get there first Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

and Kudo's is all very well, but why am I NOT GREEN????

LOL

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Taking tooooo long to get in here.   You are now green   : - )

Now I have to get out!!

It's not even Friday!!!!

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply