Feedback for buyer who didn't pay

I have in the past read on this board (which I can’t find now) that the seller should check the buyer’s feedback before accepting an offer.  This is because whilst negative feedback can’t be given to the buyer, sometimes the seller will indicate +ve and then actually recount the negative detail. 

But if they haven’t paid, how do you do that?

Yes, someone has bought (offer accepted) something of mine and not paid.  I’ve notified Ebay and had no exact response about what happened, but understand that I can now re-list.  Which isn’t very satisfying!

The other thing is that on scrutinising the buyer’s feedback - as a Seller – I find the person is obviously an horrendously unscrupulous person.  So in future I might check all feedback.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Leaving negative detail under a positive feedback rating is against eBay's feedback policy and will be removed, so is pointless.

If payment is not made, report the buyer as a non-payer and you will receive a credit for the eBay FVF and can relist.

No, it's not satisfying, but it is the process eBay have provided.

To avoid these kinds of issues I long ago changed to only selling items via buy-it-now, and requiring immediate payment from the buyer. Not ideal for everyone and all types of items I admit, but it works for me.

Yes, it's worth checking a buyer's feedback regardless. For a troublesome looking buyer, some seller's will simply cancel the purchase and add them to their blocked buyers list - it's not worth the risk.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

...and apologies for possessive'ing a plural.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

We got even with a buyer recently and posted a big long repetitive CAUTION message as feedback and not against any feedback policy. At least we could potentially warn other sellers about the buyers history.

Still sitting there for all to see.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

South. coffee - I presume you can only do IF the sale has gone through?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@jane-de-cluttering wrote:
South. coffee - I presume you can only do IF the sale has gone through?

Ignore that from a numpty seller.

Have you opened a case for non payment?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
We got even with a buyer recently and posted a big long repetitive CAUTION message as feedback and not against any feedback policy. At least we could potentially warn other sellers about the buyers history.

Still sitting there for all to see.

That's a very mature & professional way of doing business.

Please explain how leaving a false poitive feedback is not against policy & how does it warn other sellers...smh

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes Tuckcase I opened a case for non-payment. I'm not sure what happened. It appears that I should now re-list. And that's that! [I don't know what numpty means.]
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

A numpty is an idiot.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@jane-de-cluttering wrote:
Yes Tuckcase I opened a case for non-payment. I'm not sure what happened. It appears that I should now re-list. And that's that! [I don't know what numpty means.]

It would appear that you have closed the case & are now able to relist.

Place the ID on your blocked bidder list.

Set your buyer requirements to block those with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a 12 month period.

Do not be tempted to leave false positive feedback.

In theory neither party should be able to leave feedback after a case for UPI has closed.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply