Feedback not left

Hi all, How many others have an issue with feedback not being left?? It's frustrating when you try your best and these people just can't seem to leave some feedback. I reckon if feedback is not left in a reasonable time a type of generic positive feedback should be automatically left seeing that FB is an important part of Ebay. I guess you can't force people to do it but i'm keen to hear of others thoughts.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Feedback not left

Feedback is voluntary. The important part of eBay is the trading of goods, not dots.

No feedback = defect free transaction

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

saarzi
Community Member

hints on getting buyers to leave feedback in this thread HERE.

Or, do a search for "feedback" in this forum - its been written about so many times...

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

Yes. Having quite a lot of non FB i guess i can take that as a good thing. Although good positive FB is always great advertising and possibly helps potential customers feel more at ease with whom they are dealing.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

@straybookoz wrote:

Feedback is voluntary. The important part of eBay is the trading of goods, not dots.

No feedback = defect free transaction

as mentioned surfsun, no feedback is much better than neg. Some buyers never leave it, while others may do it say every few weeks in bulk. I'd rather have none left than a big red dot. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If ebay left some sort of generic positive for one of my sellers I would be furious.

The only reason I don't leave feedback is if it has been a less than satisfactory transaction but not bad enough to leave a negative or neutral feedback.

It is my choice not to leave feedback.  If ebay is going to take that choice away by leaving any sort of positive I will get in first and leave a less than positive feedback.

Some time back ebay started leving feedback on behalf of sellers.....it was so easy to recognise especially when it was left on behalf of a seller that I had dealt with quite extensively.

Let's just say it went down klike a lead balloon and did not last very long.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

I have found most buyers to be very generous with their feedback and yet I haven't been left any for my last 11 sales in a row which is very disheartening. The ckeck box for autonatic relist recently went missing and thankfully has now been rectified, so I'm wondering if something has gone wrong with feedback too.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

I am on ebay to sell items not to accrue coloured dots on my computer screen. Once I have enough feedback on an account to mean I have no restrictions I don't care if buyers leave feedback or not.  I have my store set to automatically leave feedback when I have received some so couldn't even tell you how many feedback I have. On my other accounts I leave it after it is left for me and don't give it another thought. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

I leave feedback when I have processed their purchase and before it goes to the Post Office.

If they choose not to leave feedback it doesnt matter. They have bought an item and paid. They get sent the item. End of transaction.

Some of my best customers never leave feedback- dont worry about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback not left

I have stopped leaving feedback for buyers. Also, I have stopped requesting they leave feedback for me.

Here are my reasons:

My feedback must be positive - no matter what! I thank that is just a bit pointless

Bad feedback or low stars leads to defects - no exceptions. That is out of my control.

No buyer feedback is better than neutral or negative.Just my opinion

Feedback is voluntary.

So I am trying to protect my 100% and 5 star rating any way I can.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply