Feedback question?

Can anyone tell me why this scenario would occur?

On my main selling ID my feedback score went down by 1 point overnight.  No new feedback at all and certainly no new negs.  I understand that percentages are based on feedback received over a 12mth period so that can go up and down as ratings drop off after 12 mths, but the overall feedback score is lifetime, is it not?  No big deal, just curious as to why.  I saw the change, and went straight in to see if there was a neg I would need to deal with, but nothing.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Feedback question?

My feedback number or percentage have never changed due to defects. Only negative feedback changed the number and the percentage. The only percentage changed from defects is visible only to me in my seller dashboard.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

For a while there today my feedback magically went to 0

But it DID in the past, go down by 2 (no negs, new feedback at all actually) only for ebay to claim it did'nt change and I must have been mistaken) I KNOW it went down by 2,no mistake at all there never got the '2' back
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Maybe that is it them, pj.  If the buyer was naru'd and the feedback removed, is the total normally adjusted too?

Yes - eBay will remove all of the FB the buyer left, and the score will drop a point if it was a positive that was removed (I've had it happen a few times on my selling account. The transactions themselves were issue-free, though). 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

PJ, No I was unaware it could happen within a certain time frame, thanks, seems you hit the nail on the head. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply