Feedback

What is the best way to get buyers to give feedback? Only less than half do. I have received some nice messages and even cards in the post. I was sending a message after posting the item asking for feedback but it just feels desperate! Does it even matter? Im sure they would let me know if something was wrong.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Feedback

the single line in your listings โ€œPlease leave feedback when you receive your item so I know it has arrived safely and you are happy with itโ€ does not sound desperate to me.  Because this line is in your listing there is no need to follow up with a message regarding feedback.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I've found feedback varies a lot according to the sort of products you sell. With some products, people like to talk to the seller but not bother with feedback - they think it's more important to be polite than leave impersonal feedback. With other items they don't communicate much but they do leave feedback, and yet other items they just want to buy and receive their items and then forget it.

On one of my IDs I'm lucky to have 20% of buyers leave feedback but on this ID I've left 3,145 and received 2,440, so 77.5% have left me feedback. Most of it's selling feedback but there is a little bit of buying feedback.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

It's really frustrating as a seller, and trying to build up my feedback tally .... I did contact ebay, and they suggested that i message the buyers to leave feedback etc Don't want to sound petty but those who do not leave feedback, can we get an option to remove my  feedback? ๐Ÿ™„

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

but those who do not leave feedback, can we get an option to remove my  feedback?

No.

This thread is SIX YEARS old.

Maybe start a new one to express your inability to understand how feedback works.

I get feedback for around 25% of my sales. Luckily for me I sell for money, not dots on a screen.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@austendepp wrote:

It's really frustrating as a seller, and trying to build up my feedback tally .... I did contact ebay, and they suggested that i message the buyers to leave feedback etc Don't want to sound petty but those who do not leave feedback, can we get an option to remove my  feedback? ๐Ÿ™„

More frustrating is those who re ignite a 6 year old thread,   

And yes you are sounding petty, ""because you didnt give me one, give mine back""

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

As a seller, do you really want to be rude to your customers?

Just be grateful you had a sale.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply