Feedback

What is the best way to get buyers to give feedback? Only less than half do. I have received some nice messages and even cards in the post. I was sending a message after posting the item asking for feedback but it just feels desperate! Does it even matter? Im sure they would let me know if something was wrong.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback

I have this thing where if someone asks me to do something I was planning on doing anyway, suddenly I begrudge them and don't wanna do that thing at all. Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

The best thing you can do - which many be easier said than done - is forget about feedback. Focus on the things that you can do to provide the best possible service  / experience for your buyers, and the rest will follow sooner or later; though I suspect you're already ahead of me on that if you're getting private messages or cards in the mail. People who take the time to do something like that will also probably sing your praises elsewhere if the opportunity arises - that's worth significantly more than eBay feedback, IMO. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Feedback

Asking for feedback is an invitation to the sort you don't want.

Feedback is not that relevant, except for the percentages if you cop defects or a few negs.

I sell for money, as do most; positive feedback is good, no feedback is next best.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

Spot on, they will let you know if something is not right.

Feedback is voluntary and many just don't bother.

Some buyers won't because the seller is asking for feedback to be left.

As long as all your feedback received is positive, the rest doesn't matter.

Good accurate listings, fast postage and packed well, should mean trouble free transactions.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

@karecoope-95 wrote:
What is the best way to get buyers to give feedback? Only less than half do. I have received some nice messages and even cards in the post. I was sending a message after posting the item asking for feedback but it just feels desperate! Does it even matter? Im sure they would let me know if something was wrong.

Sending a message asking for feedback will often put the buyer offside and then they won't leave feedback, or worse leave you a neutral or a neg, so doing that is probably pointless.

Once you have over a hundred or so feedback all it is is numbers on a page - means very little unless you have negs where it will impact your prercentage.

You've left 527 and received 412 feedback, so not really less than half your buyers leaving it ????

As you said, if there was a problem you'd know about it pretty quickly.

Edit. G'day Kopes and dave........................fingers very slow today guys...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

For a comparison:

I have 6538 feedback......but have had 13606 transactions

Many people now buy on-line & I'm sure they can't remember whether item came via eBay or another site....f/b is becoming more & more irrelevant
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

Same, I have 2354 feedback for around 5,000 transactions.

Quite agree, many buyers don't even know to leave feedback.

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

donโ€™t send messages to buyers about feedback, eBay will do that.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

donโ€™t send messages to buyers about feedback, eBay will do that.

Good point, eBay send a reminder to leave feedback I think it is around 30 days after a transaction.

image host
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I have this thing where if someone asks me to do something I was planning on doing anyway, suddenly I begrudge them and don't wanna do that thing at all. Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

The best thing you can do - which many be easier said than done - is forget about feedback. Focus on the things that you can do to provide the best possible service  / experience for your buyers, and the rest will follow sooner or later; though I suspect you're already ahead of me on that if you're getting private messages or cards in the mail. People who take the time to do something like that will also probably sing your praises elsewhere if the opportunity arises - that's worth significantly more than eBay feedback, IMO. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments. I'll remove the desperate -sounding paragraph from my listings!
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply