First chargeback Case Opened

Just had my first chargeback case from paypal opened for unauthorised payment. And the item was delivered 8 days ago so I think it is a scam. All the previous posts on this seem old on this subject, so presume after I have given paypal the tracking number I am now safe? I have also the photo of the satchel with the delivery address that I could also suppy to paypal. The item was bought 2 weeks ago. Am I safe?   

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: First chargeback Case Opened

PayPal DOES have Seller Protection, particularly in cases of Chargebacks. As long as you provide PP with all the docs they ask for you will be covered. Paypal told me this verbally over the phone.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

100% correct. i can confirm this from personal experience too, because i was reimbursed by paypal after the buyer (thieving scumbag Smiley LOL) "won" the chargeback with their bank, but paypal paid me due to seller protection. 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

The Chargeback against me was for "unauthorised Transaction", and because I had all the relevant docs, I was covered under Paypal's Seller Protection. Just thought I'd mention it.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

An update. I phoned paypal today, and was told that they could see it was delivered a week ago, so no problem I would get my money back straight away. Unfortunately this did not happen and it is still showing as a dispute waiting for paypal to review. 

I was told to take photos of everything I post and to keep for 6 months. Altho he did not ask for them in this case. So I am non the wiser at this stage.

I have not done the paypal instant payment even when a dispute, as if I loose they will get the money back anyway, so did not think there was much point. To be continued...

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

if the funds haven't been released, ring PayPal again and ask them to release the funds immediately as promised.  The case will stay open as PayPal will fight the disputed amount with the financial institution, which can take up to 90 days. My case is still showing as open, however, as far as PP is concerned I don't need to doing anything else and am free to use the funds.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Hi All, paypal came good. It was really quick and easy with just the tracking number. I think they must have a good seller protection in place. At least in my case they did. Thank you all for your suggestions. This is part of paypals response.... ''One of your buyers filed a chargeback with their credit card provider. After reviewing this case, we're happy to let you know that this transaction is eligible for PayPal's Seller Protection. The disputed amount is now available in your PayPal balance.''

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Same here got a charge back claiming unauthorised CC, provided them with Fastway Tracking and scanned as delivered ATL, investigation took almost a month but got the money released under seller protection
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

After thinking all was done and dusted 2 weeks ago it seems it was not after all. Just got this tonight from paypal ..We've been notified by your buyer's card provider that Case PP-D-1........ has been decided in the buyer's favour. As a token of gratitude for valued customers like you, we won't debit your PayPal account for the disputed amount. Seems no seller protection after all but just goodwill!!??? not really impressed

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply