First sale under managed payments - 13.5% fee

After having managed payments activated for me today, I have had my first sale.

Item price was $68.00 and postage is $9.95. Total $77.95

Ebay now takes all fees upfront, so according to my the new tab under my Seller Hub, the nett balance due to me is $67.42, which I believe works out at 13.5%. I think this works out the same as when Ebay and Paypal took their different precentages separately?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: First sale under managed payments - 13.5% fee

And  Amazon - much higher fees, you get the money in 3-4 weeks or even longer

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

@cerisesant wrote:

I just sold a guitar for $1900 and was charged a whopping $262. Am beyond disgusted and after 21 years with eBay am taking all my expensive guitars off the platform, corporate greed has turned them into just another rip off institution with zero customer care or service.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That is quite a large fee. I would feel the same as you. I don't blame you for feeling this way.

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

What do you mean WOW.

Working on 13.5% of 1900 = 256.5

About right. 

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@cerisesant wrote:

I just sold a guitar for $1900 and was charged a whopping $262. Am beyond disgusted and after 21 years with eBay am taking all my expensive guitars off the platform, corporate greed has turned them into just another rip off institution with zero customer care or service.

Wow! That is quite a large fee. I would feel the same as you. I don't blame you for feeling this way.

I think that if someone is selling an โ€œexpensiveโ€ item, expecting to pay very little in fees, then that would mean they are feeling โ€œentitledโ€.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@cerisesant wrote:

I think that if someone is selling an โ€œexpensiveโ€ item, expecting to pay very little in fees, then that would mean they are feeling โ€œentitledโ€.

Full of ' feeling ' though. lol

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

You can't think of cheaper online auction/selling platforms?   Every one that isn't eBay!   

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Don't tell me what I should and should not be aware of  - when eBay have moved the goalposts to a place they never were near 20 years ago.  Have a look at the description on the guitars I have left up... mr detective

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

@cerisesant wrote:

Don't tell me what I should and should not be aware of  - when eBay have moved the goalposts to a place they never were near 20 years ago.  Have a look at the description on the guitars I have left up... mr detective

I understand why you are angry.

Those who don't who don't take 30 seconds to check fees before listing or keep up with eBay announcements often feel the same way.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

People like you & others who don't check fees before listing or keep up with eBay announcements often feel the same way.

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

You naturally have empirical evidence to support that assertion. Please share

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply