First time ebayer unable to purchase due to no landline?

One of my customers is new to eBay and is trying to make her second purchase. On selecting the 'Buy it Now' link in one of my listings, she has received a message from eBay stating that they need to contact her via a landline before she is able to complete the purchase. She says she is a Uni student and does not have access to a landline.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I have no idea where to go from here.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: First time ebayer unable to purchase due to no landline?

This would be due to the buyer requirements you've set up in your site preferences - there's a range of blocks you can have in place, and one is to block members who have not been phone verified (it can apply to members below a certain feedback score, or to all members, depending on what you selected).

If a buyer has a PayPal account linked with eBay, or a credit card on file, the block will be overridden.

You can either change your settings, or add the buyer's ID to your exemption list.

To change your settings, go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements.

Or to keep the setting and just allow this buyer to purchase, this link will take you to the option to add their ID to your exemption list: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This would be due to the buyer requirements you've set up in your site preferences - there's a range of blocks you can have in place, and one is to block members who have not been phone verified (it can apply to members below a certain feedback score, or to all members, depending on what you selected).

If a buyer has a PayPal account linked with eBay, or a credit card on file, the block will be overridden.

You can either change your settings, or add the buyer's ID to your exemption list.

To change your settings, go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements.

Or to keep the setting and just allow this buyer to purchase, this link will take you to the option to add their ID to your exemption list: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@digital*ghost

Thank you so much for your help!

I had no idea how to go about allowing her to buy. Time to read up on my eBay policies again methinks. 

I think my biggest problem is that there are so many ins & outs to consider and I have an awful memory!

Thanks again!

You're an absolute star ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply