Fraudulent charges...

When relisting you click the items, then the screem gives you the details and a price estimate. In this case nil.  Then you say ok.  It then calculates your charges and tells you to commit to the relisting It still has the cost of Nil on the second screen.  Once you commit it then charges you if you go over the free listing quota!!!  It has three twice given you a invoice amount of nil and changed it when you commit.  Thats fraudulent. I have photoes and even a video. ebay just say its my fault and will not refund the overcharged amount.  Has it happened to anyone else.

Thinking about goint to fair trading, its cost me $40 so far and I assume there are 100's or 1000's of cases.  The basis for a class action if the amount can be estimated.... 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Fraudulent charges...

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have 58 listings at present.....way over the 40 free listings allowed for non store holders.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

Your answer is in your screenshot.    Disclaimer estimate only,    you are way over your 40 free listings, so of course you are going to pay listing fees.   Have fun with  Fair Trading and your class action.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

Thats 40 this month and 13 from last month.  The point is that on two screens ebay have advised there is no cost hence I should be able to accept  their two estimates are accurate.  Theirs is an offer and as a multinational it should be correct.  My point is that under contract law it is an invertation to treat and needs to be accurate. Once I accept it i can not go back and change my decision based on their mistake.  I am accepting the offer... 

I can't do it in my business nor can  any reputable business.  ebay needs to fix it...  I think this is a fair point.    To make their estimates accurate, all they need to do is to add the current months listings to the free listings remaining. Not hard for a multinational internet based business.  If they give an estimate it needs to be accurate, or it needs to be removed.

Its proper place for the displue is vcat.  The case would cost less than $200 to fund and I am sure the judge would take notice, I have several examples and I am sure social media would find lits more...  I have brought it to ebays attention on several occasions and they have failed to fix it. I know someone who has already received a credit back for ebays mistake.  So they have at lease accepted it nas been a mistake in the past.

I like to have fun.   Thanks for the idea.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

Put them in your store account then.

1500 listings, at least, of which you have used 1490. 10 left.

Very few get more than 40 non-store freebies per month. Unless there are promos, which haven't happened since November.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

@citthings wrote:

Thats 40 this month and 13 from last month.  The point is that on two screens ebay have advised there is no cost hence I should be able to accept  their two estimates are accurate.  Theirs is an offer and as a multinational it should be correct.  My point is that under contract law it is an invertation to treat and needs to be accurate. Once I accept it i can not go back and change my decision based on their mistake.  I am accepting the offer... 

I can't do it in my business nor can  any reputable business.  ebay needs to fix it...  I think this is a fair point.    To make their estimates accurate, all they need to do is to add the current months listings to the free listings remaining. Not hard for a multinational internet based business.  If they give an estimate it needs to be accurate, or it needs to be removed.

Its proper place for the displue is vcat.  The case would cost less than $200 to fund and I am sure the judge would take notice, I have several examples and I am sure social media would find lits more...  I have brought it to ebays attention on several occasions and they have failed to fix it. I know someone who has already received a credit back for ebays mistake.  So they have at lease accepted it nas been a mistake in the past.

No, it's NSW, as eBay Australia operates under NSW law. So you'd have to go to Sydney. Not recommended atm.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

@citthings wrote:

Its proper place for the displue is vcat.  The case would cost less than $200 to fund and I am sure the judge would take notice,

They would take one look at the disclaimer and side with eBay. It shouldn't be hard for you to keep track of how many live listings you've got, with only 40 max before listing fees come into effect.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

@citthings wrote:

Thats 40 this month and 13 from last month.  The point is that on two screens ebay have advised there is no cost hence I should be able to accept  their two estimates are accurate. 

You can hardly blame ebay....the free listings are a total of 40 listings.  You should have been able to list 27 new listings for free and then you needed to pay for the rest.

Until you hit the button to list ebay would not know how many listings were still active from last month.....you could have ended any number of last month's listings before adding the new ones.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

@citthings wrote:

Sorry but ebay often make conciliatory payments to members, therefore negating the need to admit any wrongdoing or liability.

If you read the disclaimer, it also states that fees may vary due to special offers and time of listing.  It would appear that at the time of listing, you no longer qualify for free listings, having exceeded your quota.  However had you scheduled your  listings to commence once you had additional free listings available,  then in fact ebays estimate at the time was correct.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Fraudulent charges...

Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Mention of a class action against eBay!!!!! It's been several months since someone has threatened a class action, I was starting to think people had finally given up with that threat, given absolutely NO ONE has EVER pursued it. Prove me wrong, and do it. Then come back and let us know how it went.

You went over your listing limit freebies for the month. Your fault, not eBay's, you lose. When your buy it now items roll over in 19 days, that will be another 6 insertion fees you have to pay, so probably whould pay to keep an eye on that. Even without your BIN items, you have exceeded you limit by 12 items, so of course you are going to be charged for them.

Go and read the help pages before you commence your class action. Otherwise it will be you with egg on your face, not eBay.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply