Free insertion fees for store owners...

I've just received an email saying,

The new year is upon us and we'd like to help get your sales kick-started with an exclusive offer for our valued eBay store owners.

For a limited time, we'll waive the insertion fees on your first 1,000 Fixed Price items listed between 30th January 2013 and 3rd February 2013*.

The more you sell, the more you save!

If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service on 1800 072 316 or click here for more information.

The team at eBay.

It seems to be time to list more soon 🙂

Photobucket
Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Free insertion fees for store owners...

syrupsmummy be careful of eBay freebies

Happens every year as this is the slow time for listings

BUT read the promo page as there is several catches...... as always.....

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Pricing_Promo_Jan2013/FP_ZIF_nothreshold

What listings are eligible for this Promotion?

Subject to these Terms and Conditions this Promotion applies to the first 1,000 items listed (or scheduled to be listed) directly on eBay.com.au in in fixed price format, in eligible categories, by Qualifying Sellers, during the Promotional Period ("Qualifying Listings").Qualifying

Listings must all be made in the same category, which must not be an Excluded Category as defined below (“Qualifying Category”).

The category of the first Qualifying Listing created by the Qualifying Seller in the Promotional Period will be deemed the Qualifying Category for that Qualifying Seller.

Qualifying Listings made in other eligible categories by the Qualifying Seller during the Promotional Period will not be eligible for the Promotion.

Promotion.Qualifying Listings must be in fixed price listing format and must not be "Good ‘Til Cancelled" listings.

What is excluded?

Good ‘Til Cancelled listings are excluded from the Promotion.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

What is excluded?

Good ‘Til Cancelled listings are excluded from the Promotion.

That is understandable, isn't?  If they were not excluded, you would have listed them for free for ever; well till cancelled.  🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Give with one hand, take with the other:|

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Thank you fugssy 🙂

I should have read the link before posted.

I think there are too many word "Qualifying" in the link. I think I will pass this free listing and list new stock as "Good ‘Til Cancelled".

What listings are eligible for this Promotion?

Subject to these Terms and Conditions this Promotion applies to the first 1,000 items listed (or scheduled to be listed) directly on eBay.com.au in in fixed price format, in eligible categories, by Qualifying Sellers, during the Promotional Period ("Qualifying Listings").Qualifying Listings must all be made in the same category, which must not be an Excluded Category as defined below (“Qualifying Category”). The category of the first Qualifying Listing created by the Qualifying Seller in the Promotional Period will be deemed the Qualifying Category for that Qualifying Seller. Qualifying Listings made in other eligible categories by the Qualifying Seller during the Promotional Period will not be eligible for the Promotion.Qualifying Listings must be in fixed price listing format and must not be "Good ‘Til Cancelled" listings.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

That is understandable, isn't?  If they were not excluded, you would have listed them for free for ever; well till cancelled.  🙂

Yes it is understandable ***super_nova*** well for some it is or for people who read the clauses  BUT so many others do not relise that and start listing GTC and get caught with fees.

Happens every ebay free  promo and then the threads start that why didnt I get my free listings etc

So my post and making it in red was simply a  heads up

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

If you had a decent amount of single items that you could list, it wouldn't be too bad (saving up to $200), you'd just have to make sure every new listing in your chosen category was for 30 days, then relist everything that hadn't sold as GTC. Not much good for multi-quantity listings, though.

Funny thing is, eBay don't seem to have any trouble recognising when a GTC listing ticks over and charging that 20c every 30 days, so not sure why it'd be so hard to waive it for the first 30... ?:|

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

I don't think it's hard to do it. They are just mean.

I only have a handful listings to do and all multiple quantity items. I will pay a dollar or two to avoid extra work in a month time.

But I think it's good for a big volume sellers who can list 1,000 items in 4 days in one category. But maybe those sellers don't care much about saving $200 considering they have to re-list 1,000 items in a months time.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

GTC listings renew every 30 days so you would still only be getting 1 30 day period, not forever (or until cancelled)

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Only the big sellers get promotions.

Smaller sellers pay more for listings, never get promotions like these, big sellers get away with everything, small sellers cant

Big rival sellers on the PS board can pick on smaller rival powersellers and thats allowed, but not vice versa

eBay looks after the ones who bring them the money, and dont care about small store sellers

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply