Free listing promotion is not free

I have just received the latest free listing promotion to list as many items from 26.2.19 - 5.3.19

All looks good until you try to use it.

You will still get charged $1.65 for each one.

Not happy.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Did it activate successfully?  I recall recently another member being sent the offer but when they actually tried to activate it,they kept getting an error message

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

If you use the Sell Similiar option it will be free provided that you only list quantity of one for each listing.

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

it activated properly.

I have just got off live chat with them.

The tech team are trying to fix it.

Auto relist is not to be used for this promo, which is a first.

Sell similar works though with auto relist and all free but I don't know a way of doing that with more than 1 at a time.

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

wish I'd  checked these boards first.. thanks casbit.  you're right it isn't free, which is a pain along with all the other GTC dramas of recent times.  did ebay say they'd credit you the ones you'd listed that turned out not to be free?

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

If you got the same offer I did, the t&c's have a lot of contradictions in them. It says it's only for people who haven't sold on ebay before, or if you have sold on ebay before you can't have sold in the last 12 months. Then it says if it's showing in your promo section you're eligible.

In the promo section it says "list as many items as you can for free" but the t&c's only say the first 10.
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

yes I read that discrepancy  too in the T&Cs.  I lodged a call with customer service, told them heads up thatothers having issues and need to involve tech time. but still took 16 mins! to get that across.  I wouldn't personallly accept the promo at this point as its got gremlins!!

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

business-commerce-business_award-award-prize-acknowledgement-certificate-jmo2044_low.jpg

Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

Terms also exclude stores but I got it on my store ID. I haven't activated any of them and won't be. I always read the t&c's before I activate any promos.
Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

The promo only works freely if you do "sell similar"  I can only relist one at a time from my unsolds this way.

and you only get the 8 auto free relists if you do auction.

at least with auction your items are on for 90 days instead of 30. Also you don't have to watch them like a hawk and end them before they run out and you get charged.

when the auctions finish after 90 days you just relist at your leisure.

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply