Free listings for XMAS??

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has seen if we are getting some xtra listings for Xmas.

Would love to boost my sales.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Free listings for XMAS??

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2664 if you do not have a store

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

If you are lucky enough to be eligible for it (2664 doesn't work for me - it says it's expired - but seemingly works for other people). The "regular" 100 hasn't been yet, but then again it isn't half way through the month yet. Maybe next week.
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

The 2664 comes up about once a month and has worked for me 4 times, but not the last one.

I wonder whether there will be another one this coming week ?   I know there is a different one running at the moment (for items over $100) which finishes on 13th ... maybe after that  .... ?

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Would be nice to get some extra listings. Everyone wins.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Thanks worked for me   THANK YOU  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

There have been 3 lots of 200 free listings in the last 5 weeks (7/11, 19/11, 26/11). I would be very surprised if there are any more before Christmas. Stranger things have happened, but it would be a bit pointless running another "Christmas promotion" this close to Christmas.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

I think we're all aware of the recent free listings and when they were 🙂  

We're just hopeful that eBay will do what they usually do, and throw one in before Christmas to boost the low sales at this time of year.    Bearing in mind there is the other promotion running at present (for items over $100) which finishes today.

Who knows ........... we live in hope

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

It didn't work for me either, oh well, I just hope they send out one soon that will.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

@saffire41 wrote:

I think we're all aware of the recent free listings and when they were 🙂  

We're just hopeful that eBay will do what they usually do, and throw one in before Christmas to boost the low sales at this time of year.    Bearing in mind there is the other promotion running at present (for items over $100) which finishes today.

Who knows ........... we live in hope

Unless members visited the forums, they may not have been aware of the recent 3, which is why I mentioned it. Not everyone gets the email, therefore, they wouldn't know about them unless coming here. As the OP has only posted 3 messages, there's a chance they didn't know, or the other new members who have participated in this thread.

As for what eBay "usually do", all they "usually do" is break stuff. That is the only given here. There are no guarantees that just because the middle of the month is coming up, they will do anything. Also, not everyone is experiencing low sales. There are plenty of sellers who are having a boom at the moment, myself included. By next weekend, most people will have completed their eBay Christmas shopping because they need to allow time for it to be delivered.

If they do run a promotion next weekend, it certainly won't be to boost sales for Christmas. A lot of sellers would be wary of having too many listings due to the public holidays and high risk of slow delivery defects because eBay doesn't take into account weekends and public holidays with their estimates. On the other hand, it could be a good tactic on eBay's part to knock off a few more small sellers by issuing enough defects to drop them below standard.

To quote what others have said in the past, no-one should become reliant on free listing promotions. They could stop them at any time. Look what they did to the stores? They used to get them once a month too, sometimes more often, yet it was 11 months between promotions for them. Don't get me wrong, I like it when promotions are running as much as the next person, but I am not reliant on them, because knowing what eBay is like, they could pull them at any time.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply