Frustrated Seller

I've been Selling on ebay for 13 years. Sales are good, but I really do think ebay has made some really poor decisions on structure and layout in recent times. Years ago we had regular meetings with ebay in Sydney to share our opions and help improve ebay. Sadly those days are gone. Geez, I wish I had some way of talking to someone from ebay Australia again.

Venb over, Justin Frith

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Frustrated Seller

I agree. You said it though....sales are good, and unfortunately that's all that matters, not our opinions, or how frustrated we get. As long as we keep selling our stuff and handing over their HUGE financial slice, they are happy, whether we are or not is irrelevant to them. That's why I hate those pointless surveys they make us fill out...pretending they care about what we think in an effort to reduce the amount of complaints they are obviously getting. Only when our frustrations affect them in a financially negative way will they hesitate and listen to us. Catch 22 though — in order for that to happen, we have to suffer financially too...even more than we are now.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

queenslander-one
Community Member

I can remember being flown by Ebay to Sydney for a consultation with other members and what we said was taken on board of course ten years ago or longer. Flights, taxis lunch all paid for by Ebay Sydney. I was please they thought my ideas counted.  Sadly now it's all about charge Sellers as much as they can and Buyers are always right.

Participated not on this id of course. Think our group was called choices and a number must have an old contact list around here somewhere.

THE GOOD OLD EBAY DAY'S

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ah yes, the good old days when you couldn't blanket block buyers who didn't pay, when there was nothing to stop carp sellers using retaliatory feedback to keep their 'perfect' 100%, when you had to wait 7 days before you could open an unpaid item dispute, when you didn't have to offer a safe payment method so those with a merchant facility for accepting credit cards were at a huge advantage, The good old days when the only compensation you could get was for the item price only less $25, when you ppaid for every listing so if things didn't sell you were losing money not mking it, I am sure I could go on but please ebay do NOT bring back the good old days!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I agree with your comments 100%, particularly from a buyers point of view. However, there are so many other things that could be changed to make eBay an even better place to buy an sell.

I personally think ebay has neglected to evolve with a good balance between buyer and seller. I don't want to see eBay go back and open the door for unscrupulous sellers, but they should be consulting good sellers with good honest track records and understand the challenges we face. I can honestly say, there are serious loopholes in the current system that some buyers do take advantage of.

Not that long ago, we had  Account Managers, someone we could pick up the phone and talk to. These account mangers new our business, treated us like real clients and truely wanted to help us. Sadly, ebay got rid of "Account Managers", yet still invoice us for nearly $100K anually for using their site. I'm not complaining about the fee's, just don't see any added value for the members since the re-structure.

I spent 2 hours on the phone to ebay's global customer service number yesterday, spoke to 4 different people and got 4 different suggestions to fix a problem. Unfortunaltey, none were able to fix the problem. If it's not in their user-guide, they keep passing the ball to someone elses in another corner of the world. Is it that hard? Most of us would do anything to make a customer happy, that's what grows a business and that's what makes us money!

Please eBay, I and I'm sure a lot of others would love to get together, share our experiences and suggest some improvements.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Well that is really sad

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes it is all so very frustrating... I hear ya.

We have only been selling for about 3-years but are becoming more despondent by the day.

We have now branched out to our own web site and other selling venues where our products are suited.

As soon as we can get the other places running at a self-sufficient pace we intend to bail out of ebay selling.

It is far too stressful and just not worth it nowadays especially with dwindling sales volumes in recent times.

Its a shame to see what could have become such a powerhouse of a site be managed down the drain so effectively.

It is becoming more of a scammers paradise these days where the losses from that cannot be recovered easily.

We used to be excited to hear the jangle of tones that meant we had received a new message that could be answered and turned into a potential sale. But now when we hear that sound we cringe and don't even want to open the message as it probably just means we are about to be scammed once again.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply