Full refund for honest mistake negative feedback left

Some people are so rude they look at your add read your add then make a bid won it! Pay for it get it and then demands a refund claiming item is not as described even though the pictures are clear and persise and the item is exactly as described except for one word error! So you apologise and do full refund just to have a negative feedback left claiming your a dodgy seller not on buyers who can not read!
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Full refund for honest mistake negative feedback left

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

Welcome to the world of online selling.  

Some buyers are just #$%#$, grin and bare it.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@screamingdemon_2007 wrote:

Welcome to the world of online selling.  

Some buyers are just #$%#$, grin and bare it.

I would agree with you only if the buyer knew that the item was not a genuine Leatherman but still bought the item knowing that they would be returning it i.e. it is a malicious purchase.

Many buyers do not pay a lot of attention to photos and descriptions and rely on Titles when deciding whether to bid/buy on eBay.  The inclusion of a word synonymous with this type of tool BUT inferring that the item is a genuine Leatherman would be a legitimate buyer complaint.

From looking at the Opening Poster's completed listings it looks like they use the word "Leatherman" when they list these multi-tools even when they are not genuine Leathermans.

For many people, the use of the word Leatherman is just a way of indicating that what they are talking about is a multi-tool regardless of brand.  It reminds me of the poster who came to the boards about a listing of theirs that was pulled by eBay for using the word "Velcro".  I know I use "Velcro" when talking about any hook-and-loop fastener . . . . . . . and I think that is the trap that the OP has fallen into by using a word simply because it is widely used by ordinary folk to identify multi-tools.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Said he was returning item for full refund nothing as of yet but full refund was done immediately phewwwfff
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

No i did not and a full refund was done immediately along with an apology for incorrect use of wording
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I removed listings cause a seller has no protection from buyers who are unreasonable ! So why bother selling on here if all you get is petty people leaving petty comments when not nessary! Not to mention the blow out fees on listing and PayPal and extravagant blown out Australia Post charges not worth the bother! Really
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

When you are replying to yourself, it makes it hard to know who your reply was actually directed at. I'm assuming you're using the mobile version, which always shows replies as being to the OP. In future, if you post using the mobile site, add the members ID who you are replying to.

I agree with you about no seller protection. As for the fees, they've been that way for ages now, so no blowout.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply