Funds held til 18 Aug

Hi 

I’m fairly new to eBay selling (again), it been many years and everything is different. So I’m needing the brains trust assistance please. 
It looks I have sold an item today , yet eBay is saying send the item..... 

your funds will be available on 18th August, the estimated funds availability date may change because of EBay or PayPal policies. 

Ive recently changed over to managed payments because EBay blocked me until I did. Would this have something to do with it.  I am wishing to hear why please. 
thanks in advance . 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Funds held til 18 Aug

Funds on managed payments will only take a few days to go to your account.

But being a new seller or not having sold for 12 months or more there is a hold on funds.

Usually 21 days, so I don't know where the 18th Aug comes in.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Funds held til 18 Aug

Hi Kopes,    Holds placed on funds via paypal, are/were for 21 days.  Under the new managed payments

Holds on funds are for  30 days.

OP.  under  managed payments your funds will be on hold for 30 days, as a security measure for new sellers.

Note, you are required to ship your sold item, within your handling time, once ebay advise you the item has sold.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Funds held til 18 Aug

Thankyou - I wasn’t aware as I someone who hasn’t sold for 12 months I had to wait 21 days.  Thanks for clarifying. 😀

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Funds held til 18 Aug

30 days on MP, which your OP would tend to indicate

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Funds held til 18 Aug

We DESPISE the managed payment system..low income earner..had massive fees taken from my bank account because our balance was too low to pay ebay fees..double slugged on sales..havent made a dime since this GRUBBY AWFUL System was brought it..its like im working for ebay and the banks and getting NOTHING back.it's slavery...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Funds held til 18 Aug

Under managed payments,  ebay  receive the payment from your buyer and then forward the balance to you,

after removing their FVF.

Fees accrued before MP,  some promotional fees, and most likely ebay postage labels, are still billed to you

direct and paid by your agreed payment method.

Please explain how you are being double slugged, if you are not making a profit under the MP system, then  you were not making a profit under the paypal payment system either.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply