Funds on hold

Hi all, need some help

i sold some items this morning for just over $520. The buyer is happy with the goods and they have been picked up locally. 
I’m not sure why but my funds are on hold. Is there any way to speed up this process?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Funds on hold

If you are not sure why, you need to go back and actually read what you ticked you had read and understood when listing

Assuming you fully completed sign up to Managed Payments, and been verified , your funds are on hold for 30 as they are with all new sellers, and sellers who do not sell regularly 

If you did not do all that was needed for Managed Payments, the funds have nowhere to go

eBay are not going to take your word for it that the buyer is happy, since they have not left feedback

The hold on funds will also apply to all your current listings

It is a worry if you have not read the basics of selling, it is essential that all sellers know what they are doind, what their obligations are, what to do when problems come up etc etc 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Always choose Cash on Pickup.

Further to Sandy's post -

Registering as a seller | eBay

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

I agree with Stawks. With items normally sent in the mail, you have no choice but wait if you are not a regular seller, but as the item was picked up, you could have saved yourself the worries you are currently experiencing if you had chosen "cash on pickup".

I hope you asked the buyer to scan the QR code they should have received in an email to confirm receipt of the item.

The buyer is most probably honest (I hope so at least), but there have been cases here where buyers didn't pay cash, picked up the item, said they were happy and then later opened a case for INR. These are rare case though.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Oh dear - unless you received the ' code ' from the buyer - you could be in a world of pain.

You have no proof the items were locally picked up.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Thank goodness Bob is happy with his purchase! What a purchase it was! I live local, I want to meet Bob!! Probably my new neighbour.

Stay warm, it's meant to be quite frosty tonight.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

It's a bit early - but who's Bob. ??

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

@domino-710 wrote:

It's a bit early - but who's Bob. ??

Their sold listing was created for created for Bob. Have a look. I think Bob might be a real live one! 500 stick books lol!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Oh my. LOL

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Hopefully Bob won't want to return his purchase.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply