GTC renewal policy violation - does anyone know what this means?

I got an email from ebay (and a message through ebay) saying one of my listings didn't renew because of a GTC renewal policy violation.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to have done.  Has anyone else had it happen to them and/or know what they're talking about?

The relevant listing ran for exactly 6 months and I'm wondering whether they decided not to renew it because I hadn't sold any of it.  I had another listing that started at exactly the same time and it renewed okay, and it had no sales either.  I also have half a dozen listings a few days older than these two, also with no sales, and they renewed without any problems.  I would have thought if having older listings with no sales was a violation then they'd end all listings it applies to.

I thought they were only going to do something about listings a year old with no sales, but I can't find the details.  I've gone through the seller policies and there's absolutely nothing there.  I vaguely remember thinking it could apply to listings a bit less than a year old but there was no mention of pulling them after only 6 months so perhaps it's something entirely different.  In future I'll be ending all my listings with no sales before they get to be six months old and relisting them using Sell Similar.

I could ring ebay and ask but I honestly wouldn't expect to be any of the wiser afterwards so I'm not sure I'll bother.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sorry but I have got no idea, so probably as much help as  CS

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It's occurred to me that the particular listing may have been showing as an underperforming listing for a while, and as I did nothing they may have decided to end it. It's a strange reason to give though if that's what they ended it. I gave up looking at that section long ago because the only things they showed there were brand new listings!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

They changed a lot of categories, which seems to have happened today. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

It's still under the same category as before, and so are the other listings that rolled over when this one should have.

It's showing at the top of my Active Selling list with a dash in the time left column and I can't delete it from that list even though it's already ended. 😞 If I click on End it tells me that I can't revise it because it's already ended. I wouldn't have even known which listing it was if it hadn't been for it not showing any time left! I don't think I've got any choice about wasting time and ringing them tomorrow.

I was able to do sell similar but I won't set the new listing going until I find out I've tried to find out what's going on.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

It might be lacking one of the item specifics that became mandatory today. Did you get the email about them? What category is it in?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Crafts. I think it'll be a while before some of them become mandatory in crafts. I've got more item specifics than most others selling the same thing!

It's specifically a GTC renewal violation and if it was something to do with item specifics I would have thought they'd have said so.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Is it Balloons on Red?

Can't you just sell 'similar' & tweak the title?
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

That's the one! I did use SS and I've got it parked in scheduled for now, but I can't get rid of the old listing from my Active list. If I try and end it I get a message saying I can't revise an ended listing.  I'm wondering whether it'll drop off after 3 months like other out of stock listings.  I have to be really desperate to ring ebay and I've been busy doing other stuff today.

I've got growth recommendations for 647 listings but I've got 650 active listings. That makes me wonder whether there are two more on my active list that aren't actually live.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

maybe a glitch after yesterday's debacle? (I now have missing photos in my store)

According to my All Selling:

1914 Active Listings
2054 Current Listings

They're never the same and it's been like that for about 2 years
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply