Get started making money on even even with low feedback!

Thought I would give back to the community by sharing my experiences about getting started with Low feedback. I'm now a Top Rated Seller and doing very well. 

Summary:

Having low feedback will definitely hinder your sales if you are selling a product that can be bought from hundreds of other sellers who are Top Rated Sellers - Why would anyone buy from a unknown and risk getting poor service? If you are in a niche where you are the ONLY seller then low feedback shouldn't effect you much.

Moving forward concentrate on building your feedback. Buy a few penny ebook until you've got a credible amount of feedback, don't buy 30 at once otherwise it will look suspicious. spread it out!

I wouldn't risk antagonising old customers via to leave feedback unless you are 100% sure you are happy. You risk getting a negative or low DSR.

a complementary slip or note in the package wont help because your volume is too low. One negative will be detrimental to your account. So stay under the radar. The customers that genuinely leave feedback will likely leave better DSR ratings.

It's a numbers game. As your volume increases feedback will come naturally. If you are selling only 3 items a month. You are not serious.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Get started making money on even even with low feedback!

It's a numbers game. As your volume increases feedback will come naturally. If you are selling only 3 items a month. You are not serious.

I am unsure if you are being condescending or just plain rude. What right have you to tell all the casual sellers out in ebay land that if they only sell three items a month they are not serious?

I may also add that I now have 3 selling ids in Aus all of which started with zero feedback and I never had any problem maintaining a healthy sell through rate from day one.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I am unsure if you are being condescending or just plain rude. What right have you to tell all the casual sellers out in ebay land that if they only sell three items a month they are not serious?

I may also add that I now have 3 selling ids in Aus all of which started with zero feedback and I never had any problem maintaining a healthy sell through rate from day one.

Sorry it wasn't my intention to be condescending.

What I meant is you are happy selling 3 items a month, then you are not serious. Hence the term casual seller.   Nothing wrong with that if you're not doing this as a serious business.  My advice is really for people trying to transition from casual to serious business.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have to agree with PJ......I don't think it is the only account....Just to add ebay are placing limits on accounts as well....

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree, people are price driven, only egos think about their volume of sales in the eyes of others in regards to Ebay. This game of customer feedback should not be measured by how many sold. But rather on merit. Perhaps measured customer experiece in stars 1-5. I have experience some really poor customer service from so called 100% or close high volume sellers.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply