Getting intelligible and informative responses from CS

After seven and a half years as a seller on ebay, I think I have found an approach to asking for help on Customer Service that provides a little satisfaction in terms of helpful responses. Mind you, this only works a proportion of the time depending, I guess, on which CS agent actually responds  to your message.

Before asking my question I attempt to second guess all the fob off explanations I might be given by saying things like: "please don't tell me . . . as I already know this", "I have already read your policy on. . . .so no need to send me a link to that" etc. This sometimes helps in not having to send a second clarifying message and often a third before you despair of ever getting any REAL help from them and give up !!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Getting intelligible and informative responses from CS

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

After seven and a half years as a seller on ebay, I think I have found an approach to asking for help on Customer Service that provides a little satisfaction in terms of helpful responses. Mind you, this only works a proportion of the time depending, I guess, on which CS agent actually responds  to your message.

Before asking my question I attempt to second guess all the fob off explanations I might be given by saying things like: "please don't tell me . . . as I already know this", "I have already read your policy on. . . .so no need to send me a link to that" etc. This sometimes helps in not having to send a second clarifying message and often a third before you despair of ever getting any REAL help from them and give up !!

Funny that.... you can call & get different anwsers to the same question. Do they reall know what's going on ??

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Always ring. Emailing you just get cut and paste answers........ and thank you for shopping on ebay

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I got a cut and paste answer, but I also got my defect removed! I was all prepared to ring thinking the email would have been a waste of time, but it worked. My defect rate is back at 0.00%. Looks lovely!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:

I got a cut and paste answer, but I also got my defect removed! I was all prepared to ring thinking the email would have been a waste of time, but it worked. My defect rate is back at 0.00%. Looks lovely!

Well done.

I can only wish....

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I got really emotional one time when I phoned ebay and got a positive result. The problem is there is no real clear cut policy for everything, I don't think it is possible.

For example they say feedback is to rate "your trading partner" yet feedback saying that postage was slow will generally not be removed unless there is tracking showing otherwise. I think they look at the "examples" that ebay policy gives for feedback removal and if it doesn;t match, do dice. They are examples of when something might be removed not conditions of when something will be removed.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@wendshee wrote:

Well done.

I can only wish....

I was almost there one time.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@wendshee wrote:

Well done.

I can only wish....

I was almost there one time.

I'm not expecting it to last, so am enjoying while it's there. Problem is having low feedback (less than 100), 1 defect gave me 1.22% which really HURT. Might have to have a 99c auction blitz and hope for some quick feedback LOL.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply