Good free HTML editors and image hosting

joel.p141998
Community Member
These are the links for the HTML editor and image hosting sites that I use for eBay descriptions and About me pages, the HTML editor that I use is [url http://www.isdntek.com/editor.htm][/url], this one is really good and I use it for my auctions, it's very easy to use and you can put photos in your descriptions, to put pictures in you need a site to host your images I use [url http://tinypic.com/][/url] all you have to do is upload your images and then get the HTML code and put that code in the code view section of the HTML editor where you want it. You can also use photobucket.com for free image hosting.
Let me know if it was helpful.
Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Good free HTML editors and image hosting

That's a nice looking description layout. Thanks, Joel. Anything to make the selling process quicker and more fluid is helpful.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, but I use Notepad for my descriptions and My Pictures for my images.

Not a fan of images in descriptions, they take too long to load.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I don't know how it looks in IE but in Firefox your wetsuit listing starts way down the page, as many people are now viewing on small screens they will probably think there is nothing to see and hit the back button.

I also don't see much point it putting a picture in the description that is smaller then the ebay one.

I find it much better to use a template building site like robshelp.com.

Although at least it is at the bottom have you any idea how many buyers hate the scrolling galleries beloved of so many sellers?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

joel.p141998
Community Member
Thanks for the feedback
Im still pretty new to selling on eBay, I'll take those things into consideration next time
Thanks.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

There are several free/paid tools for creating cool descriptions on eBay.

Most of the tools I used are just ready made templates in which you can insert a text but you have no control over the various elements such as background, frame, inserting youtube videos etc.

There is one tool I've seen so far that provided me full freedom to create exactly the listing I wanted, it's actually made for eBay as they advertise on their site - the tool is CrazyLister

I've been using it for some time now and I'm quite happy with it, they offer some free templates which I could customize completly, there is a pro version as well with some premium templates, haven't used it yet so don't know what else they offer with the pro version but it's definitely been the default tool for me since I found it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

safet
Community Member

Can anyone advise the method to list an item for sale using an enhanced or 3rd party template?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I'd advise you to start your own question on that, this thread was started in 2012.....................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

This is all outdated now, as Ebay are pushing for uniform description boxes and ebay hosted pics. Custom decriptions and embedded photos are becoming a thing of the past and are mobile unfriendly as many browsers dont even click on that as its an extra page.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply