Gosh no free listings??

I thought today would be the free listings day. Bugger.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Gosh no free listings??

I know what you mean, have been getting them every fortnight, should have been last Thur or Fri, was so hoping we would get them today.

Fingers crossed we get any in October.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

where are you situated? and how many free listings do you get per fortnight?

Here in melbourne, we get 40 free listings a month and can relist a few times for free.

We used to get 100 a month without the free relistings.

thanks

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

acenyg
Community Member

I agree!! It's so frustrating! I'm backed up with so many items to list and 40 listings are simply not enough. Based on when they usually offer them, they are not on schedule. Fingers crossed that they might still turn up or at least 200 and not 150 listings next week!

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

frustrating....absolutely.

without free listings, prices have to be put up from the seller.

we pay fees for the sale cost and the postagew cost.

Ebay are just as bad as the banks.

Take, Take and Take.

If not for the sellers, there wouldn't be an Ebay.

They really should look after us more than they do.

We can't give a negative feedback.

Yet the buyer can give a negative without a problem., and if they do, (for no real good reason)

we, the seller has to fight ebay to have it removed.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

p_ssg
Community Member

even worse than bank.

at least you have customer service in bank and you can choose to change bank.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

40 is not enough if you have do well and get that magic'' POWER SELLER STATUS''. No free relistings then so if you only have 40 listings a month and if you only sell 30% so you end up relising 70% over the month my maths is not good but that would be about 12 different items only a month??

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

I'm a Powerseller and get the 3 free relists. Try clearing out your browser cache and restarting your browser, That fixed it for me when the box disappeared a few months ago.

As for the free listing promotions, they are a bonus and not something that should be expected. If you are finding that 40 freebies a month isn't enough, open a store. EBay aren't obliged to give them to you, so shouldn't expect them. Just be grateful when they do offer them!

Think of the poor store people, they rarely get free listing promotions. When they do, it often doesn't suit most store holders because they are for items over $100.

I'd love some free listings too, but I'm not holding my breath for them. I just plan my month and spread my 40 out in case eBay choose not to have a promotion for that month.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

didn't store owners last weekend get a ridiculous promo of like 1500 free listings?! - I may have the no. wrong but it was a fairly unobtainable no. to use up - unless you don't have a life...

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh no free listings??

I think eBay are delaying the 150 free listings on purpose.

If they are given out next weekend, the vast majority of listings created will end on November 1 or later - thus eligible for eBay's new buyer protection benefits.

I mean, that would make sense from eBay's point-of-view, no?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply