HAVE YOU NOTICED CHANGED POSTAGE CHARGES ON YOUR LISTINGS?

Smiley Sad Well, I've just discovered that ALL my current PLANT listings which have more than 1 (one) quantity listed as available, have had their postage CHANGED!

Many of my items are NOT heavy, so I ALWAYS send multiple quantities at the SAME cost as 1 (one) item where applicable.  Smiley Happy I don't like charging extra post if it isn't necessary .. after all, it often leads to more sales if postage costs are fair!

Lately, I've had a few sales come through where the Buyer has paid postage twice for multiples of the same plant/cutting. I've then written to the Buyers that  they have done so & should have waited for a combined invoice .. I'll then offer to send them extra or a refund, but point out that they'll lose a % of their p'ment as PP charges for refunds to buyers.

Quite a few times I've been told by the Buyer that it must be my settings, but on phoning/chatting to EB, they tell me my settings are fine & nothing is set as a problem that does not let me do combined invices .. they tell me it's the Buyer's fault that they have not waited for the adjusted invoice.

Well, I was doing a 'routine' adjustment (in the description info) to one of my multiple listings today .. and discovered that where I usually have 'no extra postage' for an additional item in the same listing, there it was .. an additional postage cost right next to the first one!

Heart I KNOW I'VE ALWAYS MARKED THIS AS '00.00' .. BUT I'VE JUST GONE THROUGH EVERY SINGLE MULTIPLE LISTING & EVERY ONE HAD AN EXTRA POSTAGE COST THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL POSTAL CHARGE! I've just finished putting it back to '00.00' ..

Has anyone else found this happen to them? It's not the first time some part of a listing has not been 'tampered with' in some way .. but EB always reflects the fault to 'the system' (being totally an automatic enigma it seems), the buyer or the seller .. depending on which side of a sale you are dealing with!

Man Frustrated I'd advise all sellers to keep an eye on this .. it puts sellers in a bad light when buyers think we over-charge or make profits from postage!

ps. I wish I'd taken a screen shot of one before I corrected them all!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You are better off creating a flat postage rule in your postage preferences then applying that to all applicable listings. I've noticed it never gets changed by ebays fiddling.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Or just do it through business policies rather than having to edit every single listing.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply