HELP ... HELP ... HELP ... WHY ARE MY SALES ON EBAY ALMOST ZERO

I am selling top quality brands of stationery on ebay, and have listed about $350K at retail. Even with my items on SALE at 33% off (that means my listings are priced about 33% below say Officeworks) I am only selling $50 to $100 per day. I should be selling at least $1,000 per day given my prices and range.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

just had a look at your store & have a suggestion...
you have a LOT of items listed in 'other', maybe too many to scroll through.
Maybe you could add some different categories
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

I also clicked on your (1) stapler and got a Bantex 2 ring binder.....you have a lot more staplers....but they are in 'other'....you need a LOT more categories within your store IMHO
Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Thank you so much fir your input. I sort of assumed ebay customers just type into the box what they are looking for, which is what I do when I go shopping.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Good grief!   No-one, but no-one is going to scroll through over 1,000

listings labelled 'other'

Sort them into categories

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

@bulktradediscounters3 wrote:

Thank you so much fir your input. I sort of assumed ebay customers just type into the box what they are looking for, which is what I do when I go shopping.

' Other ' does not even get searched,

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Thank you for joining in. Our posts sort of crossed paths. As I explanied in my previous reply post, I thought ebayers just type into the search box the item they are looking for, which is what I do when I'm shopping.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

sorry....but even your listings are in the wrong category....ie....you have scissors & rubber bands in 'pens & writing equipment'.....I would spend my time revising........have a GOOD LOOK at what categories other sellers of stationery have SOLD items in.......good luck!
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

@bulktradediscounters3 wrote:

Thank you for joining in. Our posts sort of crossed paths. As I explanied in my previous reply post, I thought ebayers just type into the search box the item they are looking for, which is what I do when I'm shopping.

But I might just want to see what else you have to offer.

I might make a spontaneous purchase.

'Other'  doesn't grab me and make me want to look

I might not know I want it.....until I see it....then I must have it

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Just had a look at your listing and I note how you have done your categories. I will work on that issue. Just wondering if one were shopping for a stapler, would one not type "stapler" into the search box.

Just as an additional issue, i get heaps of questions which i reply to asap, and i also get heaps of "best offers".

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply