Had to Use the MBG for the very First Time as a Buyer

I was looking for a roll of printer labels with a reusable cartridge. Normally they are not reusable.

I found a seller in Melbourne who was advertising this on one of their listings.

Their pics did not clearly show the reusable aspect of the label roll so before I purchased I asked a question to verify that they were indeed reusable.

The seller replied yes they were. So I ordered it. About $3 more expensive than the one that was not reusable.

Took 10-days to arrive from Melbourne using a small box parcel without tracking. hmmm!

When I opened the box I could see straight away it was the exact same label roll as the ones I already have that I bought from a different seller knowing they were not reusable.

So the one I received was not what I thought I would receive.

First I contacted the seller about it via messaging.

They replied saying I did not know how to use it and that I needed to wait for the roll to be empty before it will come apart. Total BS as I have already tried my previous ones and the only way to get them apart is to break them and then they are totally unusable.

I sent pics of the item he sent and the one I already have side by side showing they are identical. Still insisted I did not know how it worked. He sent me a procedure to take it apart and that showed screws to undo. No screws on the one I had received.

So I opened a return request on the grounds that the item was not as described.

The seller then said he would refund me less the postage costs if I sent the item back by trackable means.

I said not on under the MBG rules as the item is not as decsribed you need to pay for the return if you want your item back and then you can refund me in full.

The seller refused to accept that they had sent the wrong item and refused to pay for the return.

So I escalated it to a case after 3-days of to and fro.

Within minutes ebay had closed the case in my favour with a full refund. No mention of returning the item.

I'm happy to return his wrong item if he sends me a prepaid postage label. I said that to him all along.

So how long do I need to hold this one for? 

I can use it (once only) but in reality since I have been refunded I feel it should now be returned.

My first experience with the MBG system. Now I can truly see how simple it would be for a scammer to get items for FREE.

In this case tho I believe they sent an incorrect item but refused to acknowledge they could be wrong. How could the seller reach 41,000+ FB score with this kind of attitude. They do have lots of other NEG for similar reasons too. About 30/40 each month.

Should have looked before I bought, but was blinded by finding what I thought was the right item I had been chasing for a while..

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Had to Use the MBG for the very First Time as a Buyer

I do understand you feeling bad about keeping it after getting a refund. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My husband bought a t-shirt, via auction, size XXL. When he took it out of the sealed plastic, the label did in fact say XXL, but it would be lucky to fit a 5yo kid. It was a Kawasaki t-shirt and a genuine one at that, so not sure if the wrong label got put on during manufacturing. 

I sent the seller a message to let them know that it was so small it was useless and asked if they had any other issues from buyers, wondering if it was a one off. Her feedback was all good and she had sold quite a few other items where the buyers were happy.....as in there was no mention of the size being wrong. She gave us a full refund including postage and said to keep it. I didn't feel right keeping it, but I wasn't prepared to pay the return postage.

I sent her another message saying I didn't feel right keeping it but she insisted. I told her if she wanted to send a cancellation request to at least get her fees back I would gladly accept it, but she never bothered. I couldn't do any more than that. I left her positive feedback and 5 stars for everything except description, which I didn't rate. I didn't need to open a dispute, so I was happy to leave her good feedback.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Dylan...

Re the return labels thing...

If a seller wants a buyer to return his goods at his expense then he can go into something like C&S or ebay postage labels and create a return post label which, of course, he pays for.

The system spits out a PDF copy of the label which the seller can then email to the buyer.

The buyer prints out that label and uses that to return the parcel to the seller complete with tracking.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

The seller in this case sounds unhelpful and arrogant and probably just wears a few of these things as shrinkage. You may have to consider leaving honest feedback, you had to FORCE this seller to get some level of service....its not good enough really is it?

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply