Handling time & Delivery dates shown to buyers

eBay handling time no longer adjusts the delivery date shown to the buyer, you cannot ship and deliver on the same day, anyone else having the same issue?

example of 3 day handling time.

"Make sure you post your order within the handling time you specified in the listing.
Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: 19 Oct 2022 - 24 Oct 2022"
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you using your own postcode as the shipping destination

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Nope, its the buyers post code in a different state

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know if this relevant - some of your listings say 1 day handling and some say 3 days - maybe some glitch is calculating them all at 1 day?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I have this happening to random listings here and there. 

An item I sell will show an earliest delivery estimate only 2 days away when I have a 3 day handling fee.

When I contacted CS about it, they told me that the estimated delivery days will adjust once the initial scan is made by the post office. 

However, the problem that I see is that the buyer may have made the purchase based on the early delivery dates and may not realise that these will change once the items are posted.

This situation always causes me undue stress, so I experiment with adding an extra day to my handling time, but find this adds an extra week in estimated delivery time, which does not make sense and is just too long.

So, I don’t know what is the solution. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

As I’m not a seller, I can’t relate to your issue, but I will say that your handling timeframe does not equate to the buyers expected delivery date. They are not the same thing.

………(Unless express post or overnight courier is used, then the delivery would be quicker)

As a buyer, I get a notification when the item has been posted, and with an expected delivery date which is almost always 7+ days, and as much as 4 weeks on rare occasions.  

I also have a Post Office account so, once tracking is scanned, I get a text message from the PO to tell me expected delivery date, then another with actual delivery date, and a final one to say it’s been delivered.  (Very handy) 

Are you absolutely sure, your buyers are been informed to expect their delivery within 3 days? 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

increasing the handling time results in the following:

Send by 28 Oct at 11:59pm AEDT
Make sure you post your order within the handling time you specified in the listing.
Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: 25 Oct 2022 - 31 Oct 2022

this is supposedly 7 business days(mon-fri) handling time and allows buyers to possibly open a dispute before the item has even been shipped, and the buyer has every right to claim false advertising of delivery dates, eBay should look into this issue as a priority. the send by date is accurate, but buyers are being shown incorrect delivery timeframes.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply