Has anybody else noticed that there are mainly 2 clarice cliff fakes listed as originals .

There are currently 2 fake clarice cliff items doing the rounds , one a canister with rings on its sides apparently sold for 105.00 then re listed unless he has a box full of them .. the second one went for 155.00 . and the other is a budgie trough has lots of bids and at 83.00 at the moment , the thing i dont understand is that this trough has a warning that its a fake on the listing but still no brainers keep bidding what a strange place ebay is becoming....

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Has anybody else noticed that there are mainly 2 clarice cliff fakes listed as originals .

I have no idea what a clarice cliff is, but if the seller has mentioned in the listing that it's a fake, then more fool the buyers for not reading the description. If they're paying for what a genuine would cost, for a fake, they have no-one to blame but themselves That said, you're not meant to sell fake stuff on eBay, so you could report the fake listings if it bothers you.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

i did report the fake canister (clarice cliff is english pottery) even by phone , and ebay failed to act as the listing still had 2 days to run , the seller does sell heaps of other stuff for big dollars maybe this could be why ebay didnt act , i emailled the seller but no reply , he has made this particular item a private listing as well , so he knows what hes doing but i checked hes feedback and heaps and heaps of negs , so hes done this for years . i contacted the seller of the budgie trough to let her know and she did the right thing and added the fake alert to her listing , but they obviously want a fake by the looks of it , there choice cheers

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Clarice Cliff was a potter with Newport Potteries in England, Tippy.

She designed and painted a lot of highly coloured tableware and dinnerware

in the 1930's

Bette Midler is a fan and collects her.

That Budgie trough is a horrible copy.  And it was sold once before for $20

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply