Has anyone actually used OPTISELLER?

Has anyone actually used the OPTISELLER tool that eBay is pushing for fixing the listings that are missing item specifics?
Is it worth while using?
Or is it a load of **bleep**?
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Has anyone actually used OPTISELLER?

If anyone here is selling Mens and/or Womens Coats Jacket & Blazers then Optiseller

will give you a heart attack.

Without fail most of your listings will show as 'Material' 'item specific missing'.

This is because the bog brained Optiseller software is looking for 'Material'

in the listing's item specifics. The specific 'Material' is not present for Coats Jacket & Blazers.

Only 'Outer Shell Material' is the 'required' specific.

Bog head Optiseller looks for 'Material' and throws up a red flag when it can't find it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

BTWJust off the phone to ebay re item specifics.

Nutshell.

If one of your items fails the item specific requirement, search visibility

will be limited for that item only and not everything you have listed.

'Required item specifics' MUST be present.

'Recommended Item Specifics' are just that and will only prejudice visibility

if a buyer wants to keep drilling down.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Hey dontmissthese

eBay told me the same thing, gotta complete item specifics otherwise product wont rank well in search results.

I've tried to use Optiseller and it's no good, hard to use and slow!

eBay Australia recommended I use a tool called Marketplace Manager (made by a company called MerchantSpring) which is based in Australia and built for completing item specifics for eBay australia.

It's free to use too - see here: https://merchantspring.com.au/

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

eBay Australia actually recommended a different tool to me, they said to use a tool called Marketplace Manager by a business called MerchantSpring. I am using it now and it's super easy to complete product item specifics with, way easier than Optiseller!
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I use a tool called 'taking responsibility for my listing'. It hasn't failed me yet.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

ha ha ha
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Are you affiliated with this company by any chance?

@fed3ralsk1 wrote:
eBay Australia actually recommended a different tool to me, they said to use a tool called Marketplace Manager by a business called MerchantSpring. I am using it now and it's super easy to complete product item specifics with, way easier than Optiseller!

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Nope Iโ€™m not affiliated, Iโ€™m a small time business seller..
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Well put..
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply