Has anyone else copped this 4% surcharge for Very High SNAD rate ?

Since 21st January this little charmer has dropped in my lap.

Additional 4% fee for Very High Item not as described rates

Thing is, according to the metric break down, my rate is NOT Very High.

Called ebay and it is being rectified.

Seems like a money grab because ebay has specified 0.40% as a return rate

based on a 'peer' group yet they have provided no details about what this

peer group is.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Has anyone else copped this 4% surcharge for Very High SNAD rate ?

So now they've finally found a way for "dodgy" sellers to get rid of the opposition,(just get friends/mates,etc to

buy stuff from rival sellers,damage the items in some way and then open INAD disputes so they go down the list

and cop the surcharge).

In the future it could be like the scammers,(open up hundreds of ID's,build up a bit of fake feedback and then

target rival sellers),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

eBay could do it themselves and get that extra 4 % from as many sellers as they want,(trust and integrity have

never being a part of this site so anything is possible),tease.gif

Message 51 of 76
Latest reply

Yes go-tazz, that's another consideration.

As far as 'peers' as concerned I haven't seen the word 'average' used.

We could be getting compared to sellers who have the lowest SNAD return rates.

Just doesn't seem fair. Looks like a long hard slog to June 1 2019 ( when it re-sets ).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Message 52 of 76
Latest reply

hit me today. 75% fee surcharge, whcih is the extra 4%. Check my return request and found that several were remorse situations or buyers who wanted to ask a question. Talked to ebay. They didint care and cannot help. So, selling for 17 years on ebay, being a top-rated seller with 99.5% feedback, selected to participate on 20% discount promotions, is not considered at all..... time to pull off the stock. I simply dont have the margins to cope with an 75% fee increase. Amazon.com. apporached me twice to list on their site and I refused. Need to revisit the offer again.

Message 53 of 76
Latest reply

Yup. Me too. Were not interested in changing any of my returns, not even the ones that should have been change of mind. One of them I even tried to get changed the day it was opened, but they wouldn't do that either.

Huh. I'm not great at Maths, please tell me I'm wrong. But under this system, wont more people pay the surchage when they enter into the leaner months?

I mean, say they get an extra 4 returns in Jan because Little Jenny's and Johnny's toys don't work. When the sales from Nov/Dec drop off and the lower sales in Feb/Mar are added, then people will pay the surchage until the Jan returns drop off the list.

Great way for ebay to bolster their profits during the leaner months.

Message 54 of 76
Latest reply

Here is where it gets interesting ( and shows that most CS reps are just guessing ).

Go to the eBay user agreement, scroll down to and expand Read full policy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/service-metrics-policy?id=4769

Consequences of Very High rates

If you are evaluated as Very High, the following consequences may apply to your listings on the eBay sites and in the categories or postage destinations where the Very High evaluation applies:

• Item not as described: You'll be charged additional final value fees for listings in the categories where you are currently evaluated as Very High.
  • Item not received: Time may be automatically added to buyer-facing delivery estimates for the postage destinations where you are currently evaluated as Very High.

Consequences won't be applied once your rating improves and you are no longer evaluated as Very High.

So if your % goes down to HIGH you will be in the clear.

This is at odds with CS advice that you have to be equal to or 'below' your peer average to get the monkey
lifted from your back.

Message 55 of 76
Latest reply

SERVICE METRICS DASHBOARD.

I thought I would start recording ( by storing screen shots ) my metrics tally for each month

and realised that all reports are now identical. The February and March reports are identical to

the current April report. In other words all prior reports became the current report. Dum.

Message 56 of 76
Latest reply

isn't this all a bit like a power company just amassing all the houses together and then finding the most power users and charging everyone that high rate regardless of how little or much power you use. 

Everyone is different and each person should be assessed on their own selling practices not secretly compared and matched to others.

Message 57 of 76
Latest reply

GREAT NEWS !!

From June the penalty is going from 4% to 5%

Message 58 of 76
Latest reply

Easy to fix. Don't get too many SNADs.

Message 59 of 76
Latest reply

Well that's just brilliant.

Parroting eBay are we ?

Why don't you go one step further ( as ebay has done ) and suggest that all sellers factor in a loss

of 15% as a cost of doing business ? Scary 'prophetic' advice ?

I bet you sit around hoping that a buyer will contact you first so that you can refund immediately

and let them keep the item.

Just exactly how does your system work if a buyer opens a SNAD dispute for no good reason ?

Whether you win or lose the SNAD claim, it still adds to your tally.

I have an easy fix if it looks like I am heading into 'Very High' territory again.

Message 60 of 76
Latest reply