Has anyone else noticed that your invoices are adding up wrong - ebay are taking 1c or 2c more .

I have been noticing for a while now, on all of my invoices across all accounts.

The fees don't add up right. They are always 1 cent or 2 cents dearer than they should be.

That might not seem like much, but if that is happening to every seller and every invoice - that could add up to a consideral sum,

which they are not entitled to.

what do we do?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Has anyone else noticed that your invoices are adding up wrong - ebay are taking 1c or 2c more .

That's kinda how business works, lol.

Like, every time you go to Coles, or Target, or some other store, the price you pay for what you buy includes a percentage of all of the business' costs so that after all of them have been paid, they still make a profit.

That means if they run a "buy one get one free" promo, 100 people buying a chocolate bar, or a rotisserie chicken, are paying for someone else to get that free item (obviously they're also contributing to this cost themselves through other purchases they make, but the people spending the most money are picking up the slack for all the people that go in and buy 100 items on special at below cost). It also means people are paying for the losses a business incurs when someone else steal something. So yeah, when you buy a pair of jeans, you're paying the business $$ so they don't actually lose anything when someone else stole a pair for themselves and so paid nothing for them.  

ebay is no different. (And no, I'm not comparing taking advantage of free listings to stealing, it just helps clarify my point by utilising that example). 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Has anyone else noticed that your invoices are adding up wrong - ebay are taking 1c or 2c more .

with 1or2¢ “mistakes” / “glitch” on invoicese, eBay makes millions from its users..but the store holders are still paying my non-store account offers, it is a bit store-holder exaggeration 🤣🤣

🤣🤣 oh by the way, many eBay store holders have received these eBay’s free fvf offers & $1 promo weekend offer via their non-store accounts and they used them  (so, technically, ebay store holders paid their non-store offers themselves 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

We have one person saying their invoices are out 1-2c a month, and then theorising about how much money eBay could potentially be making from that if it is happening to all active sellers. 

Interesting that you'd accept an unsubstantiated theory so readily - is it because it suits your positiion better? 

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

@lojomojo7 wrote:

I only add the fees on the actual monthly invoice. The bottom figure for the fees is always wrong. Always out by 1 or 2 cents.

They know that only taking an extra 1 or 2 cents probably won't have many people complaining or even noticing.

But then multiply it by the number of sellers and you get Millions of dollars stolen from sellers.

Maybe they're adding up the actual fees (eg. 71.2c) but only showing 71c on the invoice.  Perhaps you could go to the ACCC about it - it'd be a good use of your time to spend a few hours to get a few cents back.  If ebay find they miss the extra fees they "may" be currently skimming they'll just increase the fees and get them one way or the other.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

If you download your invoice in CSV format this notation appears near the top.

Note: The line item total may not match the invoice total because of rounding the Final Value Fees. This is for display purposes only. The exact amount is used to calculate the total balance. To correct this, we have included a Rounding Adjustment amount. See http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/rounding-account-balance.html for more information.

And the final entry on the page is a rounding adjustment which can be zero but is usually plus or minus one to two cents.

I did try the link but it tkes me to a Viewing your account page with no specific information about rounding.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

Maybe they're adding up the actual fees (eg. 71.2c) but only showing 71c on the invoice.  Perhaps you could go to the ACCC about it - it'd be a good use of your time to spend a few hours to get a few cents back.  

I'd rather see them taken to task over the way they calculate FVF on postage - because of the method outlined above, I have at times paid nearly 20% FVF on the postage component. 

Too lazy to do anything about it myself, but. Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I was thinking since I changed to capped postage that they only did one fee on shipping per transaction but you're right, it's still done the other way. If they buy 3 items it works out at 10.8% instead of 9.5%. I think I can live with it - I make it up other ways when people buy more than one.
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply