Has anyone else received an email - invitation to do a paid discussion on selling goods

I just received an email from Jo Darcy on behalf of Ebay inviting me to do a paid discussion on selling goods online.  Will be done through SPARKLER who are conducting a survey on Ebay's behalf.  Reward is a $150 EGift voucher.  I'm just wondering if this is legit?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Has anyone else received an email - invitation to do a paid discussion on selling goods

It a simple enough exercise to look at the email header and see who the actual sender is.And research from there. That way you can make an INFORMED choice.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: Has anyone else received an email - invitation to do a paid discussion on selling goods

Hi,

I received the same email on 11/1/2019 for 2 different ebay accounts - 1 current seller & 1 account that hasn't been used for over 2 years.

No mention on the identical emails of $150 ebay voucher for participation.
No further contact from them either.

I'm using the 'wait & see' approach. To be honest I'm not interested in selling surveys - they only bite you on the b*m eventually

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Bored yawn  Bored whistle  โ€˜How interesting and useful,โ€™ said digital*ghost politely.

It was a little bit like that Smiley Very Happy It was kinda awkward, but I was honest with the feedback (eg "I wouldn't use or be interested in that", I said that quite a few times, lol). 

I'm guessing they got their money's worth, as they said I'd covered much more of the website than anyone else, though they coulda just been saying that to all the guinea pigs. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I got one of the emails sent to me as well. Im waiting to see what happens...
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Umm, if you keep waiting and don't do anything........ Nothing?

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@hendrika667 wrote:

I just received an email from Jo Darcy on behalf of Ebay inviting me to do a paid discussion on selling goods online.  Will be done through SPARKLER who are conducting a survey on Ebay's behalf.  Reward is a $150 EGift voucher.  I'm just wondering if this is legit?

Might be an old thread, but I just got a similar invite to my largest store through ebay messages today so it appears it is still going on and it looks like it is legit. It came with the offer of $150 for a 90 minute interview. The money is good so I might take up the offer. Its also a chance to have some input that might actually be seen in a very small way by the people at ebay who make the decisions.

The message indicated the researchers where interested in the views of store holders in particular and how ebay could improve its service to stores. The research is to be done in a private one on one interview process through zoom.  Could be an interesting 90 minutes.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply