Has anyone opened a facebook store

I have noticed all the ads for opening a facebook store. 

Has anyone done this? Have you sold things on facebook.?

I just want to know if it's worth trying.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We found that having our own website with shopping cart & using FB to direct traffic to it is paying dividends for us.  This way we can blog on our website which google picks up as well by their robots.  At specific times or when we do promotions we pay for FB which is cheap for the results.  We have also found that google, which is free, drives more traffic to our site than FB.  We usually do about 4 posts per week on our site which automaticaaly sends the post to FB as well.  When someone wants to buy a product, quite often they use google...I know I do.

We are able to tell where our viewers/buyers are coming from & what they are viewing in real time on our site by using google analytics.

We don't seem to have much success with FB groups as we have a very narrow consumer product & the work is too much for the end result, however I think this depends on the product being sold.  FB is also a changing place & you need to keep up with it to make it work.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I haven't ventured into that market yet. Apparently it's great for clothing sellers (of which I'm not!). I haven't really looked into it, but might get around to it one of these days.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I haven't, but I have a reseller who sells my posters there.  His sales come in waves, like my sales on eBay, and I do generally a little better than him.  So I guess you'd call it an emerging market at this stage.  It's a good way to directly access groups of enthusiasts of specific things.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I belong to  groups with similar like minded folk. It is a good tool to expand on line or if you have a stall at market or swap meet.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi i do and like someone else wrote it does come in waves..But i find facebook sales painful as is Gumtree as people often dont show up or show up when suits them.Then they dont want to pay the price you agreed or dont show up with the right money. Or you hold for them and they dont show then others lose interest . Its a free platform to sell so it cant hurt really.Never pay for any advertising on facebook its a waste of your money.Your probably better to join the selling groups as i have seen many a store come and go.Just follow thier little rules or youll be bounced off their pagel Good Luck with it 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

We found that having our own website with shopping cart & using FB to direct traffic to it is paying dividends for us.  This way we can blog on our website which google picks up as well by their robots.  At specific times or when we do promotions we pay for FB which is cheap for the results.  We have also found that google, which is free, drives more traffic to our site than FB.  We usually do about 4 posts per week on our site which automaticaaly sends the post to FB as well.  When someone wants to buy a product, quite often they use google...I know I do.

We are able to tell where our viewers/buyers are coming from & what they are viewing in real time on our site by using google analytics.

We don't seem to have much success with FB groups as we have a very narrow consumer product & the work is too much for the end result, however I think this depends on the product being sold.  FB is also a changing place & you need to keep up with it to make it work.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Another thing I find with FB sales is that the buyers more frequently ask for tracking info, whereas eBay buyers very rarely ask.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the info.

Thanks also to everyone.

I think at this stage I will just continue with ebay.

I might look into fb in the future sometime.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply