Has anyone pay the $1.50 listing fee lately

Perhaps we can help eBay understand paying a listing fee is not viable I pay a lot of commission to eBay but will never pay a listing fee, some of my items take a year to sell and when they do eBay gets a nice chunk of change. They also get revenue for the adverts on each of my listing pages so ebay’s AdSense revenue must be down also

The less I sell on eBay the less commission they get. When I put an item in the local auctions they don’t charge me a listing few so why should eBay

So how many of you guys are paying to list?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Has anyone pay the $1.50 listing fee lately

eBay is a business and people are in business to make money or there is no point in being in business.

When you chose to sell on eBay you agreed to the terms and conditions to sell here so you really can not complain.

If you do not like they are making money from you (like when you go food shopping they also make money from you but will you stop buying food for that reason) the sell where you have no fees and no exposure.

Not what you hear more I am guessing.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

you totally missed the point I was trying to make but thanks for your reply anyway 

BTW the question was have you paid the $1.50 listing fee lately?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

No and I never will. I have a store which gives me at least 200 included listings a month and then I have 2 other ids so get 40 each free on them plus of course the free relists.

If I wanted to list more I would either upgrade one of the ids to another store, increase the level of my existing store or start up another id.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@best_buys_oz wrote:

you totally missed the point I was trying to make but thanks for your reply anyway 

BTW the question was have you paid the $1.50 listing fee lately?

So why go on about the amount you pay in fees rather than the amount you have SAVED by not having to pay a listing fee?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

arhhhh palm to forehead .....not me, I did pay for many years but my sales were fantastic back in the day now sales are laughable paying $1.50 for items that are not selling is beyond a joke. AND YES I so appreciate the freebies when they come along oh praise be eBay I'm on my knees with gratitude.... I have 5 ID's been here for nearly 11years I have no problem paying all fees if the sales were a happening thing the gamble is just to huge for me.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply