Has anyone reported someone for selling same items in 2 ebay accounts for different prices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have noticed my competition has started under cutting me on his second account while keeping his prices up on his main account only slight name change last name same location same set out of items and photos same does anyone reckon ebay will do anything about this as I read the rules you can't sell same identical item in 2 accounts .

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Has anyone reported someone for selling same items in 2 ebay accounts for different prices

I also understood it was against ebay policy to sell identical items on different accounts but I suspect there would not be a lot of action taken from reporting some-one mainly because their prices are cheaper than yours.

Many people fail to understand how ebay actually works and where much of the companies profits really come from. Because we buy and sell stuff, we think that is what ebay is all about, but that is only a part of the overall picture.

. Ebay gains substantial income and profit from advertising on the site as much as actually selling stuff. The cheaper prices are, the more buyers and window shoppers will visit the site and the more advertising dollars ebay makes.  The more advertising dollars, the more profit the company makes.

Yes fees from individual sales decline, but the cheaper things are overall, the higher combined sales and total fees will be. Basically the cheaper prices translate into a WIN, WIN, WIN for ebay.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply