Has anyone sent a return label for an item return?

go-tazz
Community Member

Seeing as it looks like sellers need to "send" the buyer a return label once a dispute is started and the buyer has

to return the item.

So how is that label accessed?

I presume they don't send a physical label so how does the seller pay for and send the label?

These type of returns are starting to appear on the boards but I haven't come accross a seller actually sending a

label,(so I'm just interested in how it works).

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Presumably you use Ebay labels to create the return label, then email the pdf of the label to the customer.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

That's fine if a buyer knows what to do with the pdf and has a printer.

The main problem I see is that the buyer may not have a printer,(so how can they print out a label?)

Will the seller win the case as they have provided the label but the buyer can't use it without a printer.

So if the seller then wins the case can they cancel the label?,(as it can't be used).

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I would think the percentage of people who shop online but don't have a printer would be pretty small, but if you happened to stike one you would probably have to ask Ebay for options.  If you are worried about striking one AFTER you have printed the label, surely in your discussion of the return issue with the buyer you could ask them if they have a printer and explain that you will be sending a prepaid label which they will need to print? If they don't have a printer, then you could send them a prepaid satchel by mail perhaps?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Tazz, i rang and asked that. Now im in that boat of having no printer, also dont have easy access to pc. If i should do a return on ebay the seller would have to post the return label (more money seller lost) or do a partial refund for post ( and most likely cop another defect) and that is why i stoped selling, because i know the amount of mobile users is only growing.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I have a computer at home, but don't have a printer. I used to have one but we found we were only using it a couple of times a year and it would get to the stage where they just stopped working. Probably clogged jets, but no amount of cleaning would fix it. The last one we had would print blue and that was it. If it was a page of text in boxes, it would print the boxes, but not the text. We have stopped buying them. I don't have internet access at work so couldn't even print something out there.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I would disagree Penny.

I think the number of shoppers who shop online using their phone/tablet is growing very quickly these days.

These people are unlikely to have a printer.

Of the rest, those that have a printer are probably few as at home these days there is not a whole lot of call to print stuff.

For us its only becasue we are sellers that we have and use the printer.

Apart from that it would rarely get used and I think we would not see the need to own one.

Our stuff is only small, inexpensive and "squishy". So we only use untracked large letters.

So to print and send an ebay label with full tracking would cost us more than the item itself.

So in our case if this would happen (and it has not yet) then we would either want to send a replacement item or just refund without return.

Item replacement would be the most economical option for us.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Fair enough, maybe its just because we're a house full of geeks (3 desktops, 3 laptops, 2 tablets, 1 E-reader and 3 smartphones, and there are only 3 of us, lol).

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I think the number of shoppers who shop online using their phone/tablet is growing very quickly these days.

I was at Office Works last week. There was a lady who handed over her phone and had a bunch of documents printed from them.

While such print services may not be readily accessible to all, it at least increases the available options to those who don't have a printer, since a PDF doc can be stored on a variety of devices that can then be plugged in etc to a computer somewhere print services are offered. (I was getting A4 docs printed on thick glossy paper, but there were cheaper options than mine, and mine was $1.20 from memory).

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

We don't use ebay labels as we use eparcel. The one time I had a buyer who needed a return label I just printed it of at my end and posted the label to them. I presume if the buyer wasn't able to print of an ebay postage label  you could just post the label to them.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply