Has something changed with the cart

Just had a second buyer ask how to request a total using the cart. Has something changed with the cart? Has the request total been removed? Its strange that I have had  2 questions in 2 days about it . I rarely buy on ebay and if I do its only single items so I am not up to speed with the cart.   I dont know if they are using a mobile or computer. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Has something changed with the cart

Your buyers are probably using the mobile cart via the ebay app which does not allow combined purchase.

Tell them to set their mobile browser's "user agent" to "desktop" so they can access the full featured site.

(some zooming and panning will be required)

You'll also need to tell them that they won't be able to pay an invoice unless set up as "desktop".

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Nope they just messaged and are using a PC and not a mobile. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have items in my Cart from several sellers and every one has the Request Total button at the top of the listing.

I cannot see any change from what it has always been.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I had a buyer tell me the same thing last night.  Trying to buy 2 books off my listings, items in cart & no "request total" button anywhere in sight - also using a PC.

Luckily I was able to change the postage amounts to total the combined postage she needed to pay & away we went. 

However, I'm left wondering how many buyers don't get the icon & just decide it's all to hard to buy multiples with combined postage. I'm thinking a lot of sales missed!!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I offer postage discounts which then displays this message "You can't request a total because the seller has already offered a discount for these items" . You only have to have one item in the cart that has postage discount option ticked in the listing to then not allow request total from seller. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Did some testing.

Laptop:

"Request total" appears in every browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE).

Phone (Android):

"Request total" appears in Chrome after ticking "Desktop Site" in the upper-right menu (3 vertical dots).

"Request total" does not appear in Samsung Internet, despite selecting, "Request Desktop Site" in the upper-right menu (3 vertical dots).

Tablet (Android):

Same as above.

I don't have an iPhone but I have a relative staying over who does. I'll test it on hers once she's awake.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

iPhone 6 (with Safari):

"Request Total" appears after holding the "Refresh" button in Safari, and selecting "Request Desktop Site"

Summary:

So as someone further up said - the phone browser needs to be set to desktop using the appropriate method; the only browser it doesn't work in is Samsung Internet.

I wish eBay would just fix it. The instructions on my listings for combining postage are already lengthy enough, without having to add the above instructions. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Well, here we are in 2021 and you STILL can't request a total via the app.

Come on eBay - get with the program. I suspect the percentage of users using the app will be increasing daily. You are just making life hard for us.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

eBay do not read here

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply