Have been charged fees even on Gumtree zero fees promo

twid63
Community Member

I sold two of my items using Gumtree promo (max 2 items a month) where I get zero eBay fees. 

This is the first time i've received payment via Managed Payments and not Paypal and discovered that I'd been charged full-blown fees for both items. 

I contacted eBay chat and they assured me that i would be credited the fees in about 15 days from the sold dates. I gathered I would be reimbursed by a separate entity like Gumtree and not eBay.

Does this ring true to other people? Have others been through this process?

Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

I actually didn't know that was a promo on Gumtree.

Wait the 15 days and see how it pans out I guess.

Good luck

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

@katistrophik wrote:

I actually didn't know that was a promo on Gumtree.

Wait the 15 days and see how it pans out I guess.

Good luck

It's been a promo on Gumtree for at least a year

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

ebay fine print, vague terms and conditions, smoke and mirrors, and bait and switch (or bait and disappear) has been going on for decades.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Hah, I was told 15 to 20 days in the T&Cs! So I brought up the T&Cs page and it was nowhere to be found. The chat rep was unable to show me where this supposed condition was written. I will be contacting them every 15 days to get my money back. It used to work fine before managed payments was introduced.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

I had no idea about it as I said, but was it for ALL fee's ? not just listing fee's ?

If just for the listing fee's then in MP you get 250K free so maybe this is why?

If not, totally ignore me and  carry on with your day 😊

Oh and keep hounding eBay!!

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

It's FVF

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

It's been there for a long time. 

Can't say I've ever used it though.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

screenshot-sellercentre.ebay.com.au-2021.06.12-16_47_48.pngFrom the gumtree message you get after listing an item for sale 🙂

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Same with standard eBay promos not syncing with sold listings.  I had to contact CS every time I sold an item because I was being charged FVFs and items where listed under their promo.

the last item I had to query, CS said « oh that was a relisted item, it doesn’t apply ».  My response was « nowhere in the T&Cs does it say relisted items don’t count. ». CS said nothing she could do unfortunately until I asked to speak with a supervisor. She very quickly said, supervisor was in a meeting and has approved the refund of FvFs.

what a hassle though!  All this problems have arisen since switching to Managed Payments

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply