Have the rules changed for withdrawing bids?

I have recenly had six bids that were cancelled and they were all "Entered wrong amount"

My understanding of the rules is that the buyer is supposed to immediately place the correct amount for a bid.

In all cases the bids were at least 24 hours old and none of them were replaced with a correct amount.

Does anybody know if we can make a complaint about this or is it another instance of sellers get treated badly again?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Have the rules changed for withdrawing bids?

yes, contact customer support - top right of screen

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If they are different ids have a look on their feedback pages to see if they have a high number of withdrawn bids, if they have then you can report them to ebay.

If they just have one or two including yours I wouldn't bother. Technically they have breached policy byy choosing that option and not bidding again but there are very limited options offered so somebody who changes their mind has to choose one and I would much rather they cancelled their bid than ended up winning and not paying.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If I decide not to sell an item after a bid I can be sanctioned.

If a buyer decides not to buy an item why are they not sanctioned?

Bidding or buying is not compulsory and is supposed to be " a legally binding contract"

If I havemy time and money wasted by a serial non payer why can't we warn others and leave honest feedback?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply