Heaps items going missing Australia Post Sucks

Whats with Australia post  i have lost 10 artiles in post in last month that dont have tracking numbers

What is with australia Post lately?????

all very intresting  going to Queensland....  very odd 

D'oh
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Heaps items going missing Australia Post Sucks

@worzel*gummidge wrote:
'Lately'??? It's been an ongoing problem for yonks my friend.

yet some problems have only recently surfaced!

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

Well said Padi.Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Hi , obviously the solution is to pay for tracking .......  

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

It's the only company I know of that can get away with making you pay extra to ensure they do their job.

You call a plumber to your house, he looks at the problem and tells you he can fix it $100, then adds, "Oh and if you'd like to ensure I actually fix the problem, another $200."

Australia Post is doing the exact same thing. "We'll send your letter to Sydney for $1... Oh and for another $3, we'll make sure we send that letter to Sydney."

They lose the letter. "Did you pay us extra to ensure we sent that letter? Too bad, if you paid extra you could get a refund."

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

9 out of 10 times untracked letters are reported lost its not actually Australia Post losing them, its the scamming buyers saying they did not receive their item knowing there is no proof of delivery and they can get their money back via ebay when they claim INR.

How do we know this...???

Most of our stuff goes out by large letter without tracking.

About 4/5-years ago we were getting buyers reporting "not arrived" around 1 in every 100 letters we sent out.

Too much for our business to absorb! We had to do something or drown.

So we decided to put our own generic bar code label on each and every envelope. Cost about 1-cent each tp produce.

The bar code does not make any claim to be tracking and could indeed be some form of our own internal product tracking.

But to an untrained eye it could also be some form of tracking.

Doubt is therefore cast into the mind of the would-be scammer. They think it might be tracked.

After we started doing this our reported loss rate immediately dropped down to around 1 in 1,000 where it remains pretty consistently to this day.

So it looks to us like 9 out of 10 INR claims were fake/scam claims and not at all lost by Aust Post. If they were really being lost by AP then the addition of the bar code label would have made no difference at all.

I know of several other sellers who have adopted this and the results are pretty much identical.

Try it.... it works

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

I simply couldn't be bothered selling via mail order any more and continue to sell direct at fire sale prices as to engage with auspost, paypal and ebay is simply too risky .. seems to be a problem with an extraordinary number or incoming purchases also .. am not sure how much longer ebay will be able to survive this .. perhaps we will get an email soon redirecting us over to Amazon or something .. carcases all washing up on the beaches here at ebay .. seems like a failed experiment to me .. a few pockets of value as diehard sellers flog their ailing stock at ridiculous prices .. come back in a month and it is half price again .. seems this is just a race to the bottom now and the little bloke (the golden goose) has been cooked .. and also the government is slapping on all manner of additional taxes and charges for those buying from overseas so are now shutting that door on that last remaining pocket of value, so no more cheap stuff from china (makes perfect sense now that everything comes from china huh?).. we have been pushed from pillar to post and herded like cattle .. been bait and switched (with agenda 21 and a number of other so called initiatives) and then rammed through the cracks all while the ACCC looks the other way and coughs an embarrassing little cough (its pretence of a hard days work) .. we are stuffed .. our economy has been pulverised, your children's future murdered .. the money is now safely in Switzerland after its journey through the Cayman Islands ..

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

riclu_23
Community Member
To me for Christmas, AP just wasn’t doing a good job the parcel that I was waiting for seems to be gone, although the parcel was sent in NSW but Australia post failed. Now I just think that this would be a scam from AP.
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

In the absence of any meaningful information in your post, I can only ask one question.....how is a missing parcel a scam by Australia Post?  What would AP have to gain by scamming you?

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

edit.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 30 of 31
Latest reply