Help Please. Buyer bought a buy it now but was supposed to send me a best offer.

Hello.

I am sorry to bother you  but I have a lovely buyer who asked me to list an item that had ended at a reduced price to which I agreed to. I put in a large buy it now with best offer and as a private listing and asked her to send me an offer of $50.00. The buy it now of $500 was to stop others from buying it. She has accidently bought it at the amount of $500.00. Her pension arrives on Thursday and there is no way I would ask her to go through with it but I was hoping some-one here might be able to advise if there was an easy way I could help her out of this amount and change it back to the amount we both had agreed to which was $50.00 with free postage. The buyer is not very good with computers and I am still learning myself how to navigate ebay. The item number is 161748101995.

Thank for any help you can give me.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Help Please. Buyer bought a buy it now but was supposed to send me a best offer.

You realize, if you cancel the transaction, ebay won't refund you the fv fees? The buyer needs to request the cancellation.

Next time, if you list something specifically for someone, I would suggest removing all but 1 photo, fixing the correct price, and adjusting the title to say the buyers name only. That way you can just send them the link to the listing, and they can just buy now.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Help Please. Buyer bought a buy it now but was supposed to send me a best offer.

eBay will refund the fvfs if the cancellation is sent with the following option selected in the cancel this order screen "the buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address." 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

OP, this might be too late now (I hope you've made progress with your buyer- you paint a great picture there!) but can you pull their ph number and give them a call? I've found some people respond much better to a voice on the phone than detailed written instructions.

Hope it works out ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Hello.

Thankyou for your message and advise. Yes we have ended up with a success mainly due to the help I received here. The buyer was able to buy it now and paid for it so I packed it and posted it within an hour of receiving her payment.  I am keeping an eye on it with the tracking as I made sure she does receives it as I sent it signature post as well.  Now I am just going through the forums learning how to find my detailed DSRs. 

There is so much help and information here and you are all very much appreciated for replying to all the real concerns posted on these forumsand giving people such as me a direction to go in and not doing the wrong thing accidently. . Thankyou

All the best

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Great result..... yes, I'd be eyeing the tracking too. ๐Ÿ™‚

It'd be nice if you received great feedback for your patience, helpfulness and good service.... but from the sound of things I wouldn't hold my breath!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Hello.

I have just received a message from the buyer and she has received the item I sent her and she is very happy.  I had  checked on Friday and it had been carded to the post office so I am glad I paid the extra cost on top of the the free post as it was not left on her doostep.

She sent me a message this morning and has also left me lovely feedback. I still have not worked out how to find my DSRs so I cannot guarantee what they are but at least I have had a positive.

I did want everyone who posted and tried to help me with this buyer to know they were successful and I also wanted to say a huge thankyou as well.  Your guidence was so important when we both needed it and I am very appreciateive of the time you gave us.

Thank you and I hope you all have a very successful and happy, safe week

Best wishes

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Just so you know your buyers' DSRs are in plain sight on the right side of your feedback page. In addition to feedback, your buyer also has the option to leave scores (out of 5) for each of the 4 additional categories. This allows them to be overly critical without having to leave a neg and if you mouse-over each option, you'll see your current average DSR score which is currently 5 out of 5 stars in each category, a very good result indeed.

Just keep doing whatever it is that you're already doing and your DSRs should take care of themselves. Incidentally, it is possible to work out if somebody has left you low DSRs but it's a convoluted process, and in your case would appear to be a complete waste of time.

2015-07-08 09-27-25.jpg

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply