Help Please

Hi everyone I'm sorry that this post will be so run of the mill but I am not sure of what to do next.

I received an email today regarding a trio that I sent saying that it is damaged.  The purchaser is understandably disappointed as the cup has broken.  They suggested that I may have needed more bubble wrap as transit can be bumpy.  They have not as yet left any fb and have not mentioned any refund, only their disappointment.  This is the second parcel sent to Vic in the last 2 weeks that has had damage occur - I might say here that these are the only two items that I have had fb re damage.  The first buyer stated when I emailed her that she had been receiving quite a few damaged items and perhaps her local PO was a bit rough.  Because they said that I said I was sorry and if she ever found anything of mine she wanted to bid on and buy I would offer her 15% discount on the postage.  She was happy with that.

Now back to the trio - what do I do?  I feel that I did wrap the cup enough.  I put newspaper in the cup, bubblewrapped it then wrapped it in newspaper then into a box then 4-5 sheets of newspaper around that.  Because most trio's weigh almost 500g I put them in a 3kg pre paid satchel so there is always heaps of leeway with packaging.  I feel bad for the buyer and certainly don't want to risk getting a neg fb.

Can someone please tell me if I should contact the buyer and offer refund?  Should I send them a satchel so they can post it back to me?  Is their any way to get AP compensation and who does that?

Thank you for any help you can give me.  (Insert smiley face here!)

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Help Please

Please speak with your buyer and ask what they would be happy with, a partial refund? full refund? that is the only way you are going to be able to figure out what to do. Bottom line, keep the buyer happy, they seem to be very understanding and think they would appreciate a call from you to get their opinion on this.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

***super_nova***  your advice re - scrunching up the newspaper and filling up the satchel is great - as there is often space for it.

And yes I have asked for a photo and will refund.  Thanks for your help.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks curraone, hopefully the buyer will get it checked but if not then I have asked for a photo and will refund. Thanks for your input.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Yes 2106greencat, I think if I contact the buyer again and let them know that this is new for me and ask what they would be happy with. They do seem reasonable about it and may appreciate giving some input.   Thanks for that.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, there are "green" peanuts available, but as a buyer I hate them. If they get moist they go sticky and can melt.

I have received china packed in them that was so gummed up that it took hours to remove the horrible sticky peanuts....It was a very hot, drizzly day and the whole of the parcel was sweating.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

I used to get stuff with wheat based peanuts. If they haven't set, they will usually dissolve in water.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

If you buy the small beads that are used for filling floor cushions etc then place them in a large plastic bag with room for them to move about a bit they do not get over everything but can be moulded to fit in and around odd shaped items. As I said newspaper's biggest disadvantage is the weight plus with some they print can rub off on things and can be quite hard to remove.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

I ask at my local chemist shop, they usually throw out about a garbage bag of foam peanuts every week, a lot of cosmetics come loose in boxes of foam peanuts!

ask the chemist assistant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply