Help - not selling

Up to now have successfully sold items on ebay. Not a lot, but regularly.  I usually sell on a 10 day Buy it Now Cycle. In about April I changed to a "Good Until Sold" format so I didnt have to keep renewing items.  Since then I have sold not a skidoo.  I have since changed my listings back to the 7 or 10 day format with no change. Did I do a naughty?  Im just looking for reasons.  

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Help - not selling

I think fresh listings just show up better in a search, rather than one that's been up for weeks. Setting the time to be shorter will use up more of your free listings, but as you say you don't put much up anyway, it shouldn't worry you.
Many people on eBay have noticed a decline in sales these last few months, so you're definitely not alone.

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Yep things are a bit quiet at the moment we were doing a roaring trade a week or so ago now the lights have gone out and dead as a dodo, but thats selling for you, buy the way that Ferrari model is sweet.

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Thanks ....Im talking about 6 months worth of nada.....I realise the market goes up and down.....I love the Ferrari too.  The Buragos are beautifully detailed models.

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Yep, dead in the water the last week for me as well.  Over here in Perth we have had an unseasonal cold winter and spring but the east coast has had so much wild weather and floods, maybe that is part of the quiet sales time for us.  Maybe some comments from people caught in this bad weather can offer some thoughts.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

The Ferrari might not be showing up under the model name, I had a few of those 1:43 cars as a kid, the models were by Bburago (yes, two B's!)

As for the PS2 game, that won't move in a million years with $7.45 postage (which is $7.60 today) - put it in a large envelope/bubble mailer with $2 or $3 worth of stamps on it ($3 if it weighs more than 125g, which it most likely will depending on how heavy the manual is) and you might set a sale. That's assuming you are sending it in a DVD cover (or even a CD/single cover); it would be suicidal to send it as is in that paper sleeve, the way Australia Post treats items.
Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Thankyou I'll do that now

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

Ebay sends notifications to people who have your item on their watch list:

--when the item is about to finish (even if it will auto-renew)

--whent the quantity is getting low (for Quantity >1)

This puts your item back in their minds and nudges them to buy.

I find I get a rush of sales in both situations.

Help - not selling

I,m one of the people caught up in the wild weather. What it has meant for me is its too cold, wet and miserable to go outside, so I have been staying indoors on ebay a lot more. I,m a seller much more than buyer though. Like many others my sales have been woeful this week.

I,m wondering if ebay has changed its search criteria recently to place a lot more emphasis on fresh new listings, because that is the only thing I,m selling. Luckily with the wild weather I have done a heap of new listings recently, but the older listings seem to have gone AWOL big time.

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

Help - not selling

x3n0m
Community Member

I am seriously having difficulty comprehending the woeful figures and projections coming from my ebay income time in motion spreadsheet .. it is like sales have fallen off a cliff and died .. 5 of my last 7 sales have been plagued by non payment and change of mind and that is over 12 days .. I have never seen tragic figures like this before ever and doubt it is an abberation as is now obviously a trend(going from bad to worse) and in all probability the new normal .. at this rate I am seriously wondering what will happen next as expect sales etc to get worse from here .. and from what I have seen of the world there is no end to how far we can fall .. prepare ..

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply