Help please Buyer return Yes or No

ozzsale_65
Community Member

Hi please help if you can it would be much appreciated.

Sold used item stating no returns in listing to buyer, they receive item and all seems fine no feed back left as of yet.

1 week later they message me saying item is starting to fall apart.

I offer refund if they return item to me now.

They say can't return, need to use item for longer (work) and when they do return the item to me, it will be destroyed.

I previously stated to them that the item must be in the condition as they received it in or close to for refund

but its destroyed now because they kept using it. Confirmed by pictures they have sent me.

Buyer also feels they are wasting there time sending it back to me because of this,

i think they are looking for refund without the return. Should they return item to me after kept using it to point of destroyed.

What to do if anything.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I am not a seller, but what the buyer says doesn't sound quite acceptable to me. It is weird they say it is falling apart, then they say they still need it. Was there a warranty on the item? Are you sure the item in the pictures is yours? Not saying this is the case, but some scammers show pictures of old items they had, or send back a fake item when they had received a genuine one. I have heard people say this happens.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Deny the return.

If they open a dispute, contact ebay and direct them to buyers messages

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

And remember that you can also have unfair negative eBay removed.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@ozzsale_65 wrote:

Hi please help if you can it would be much appreciated.

Sold used item stating no returns in listing to buyer, they receive item and all seems fine no feed back left as of yet.

1 week later they message me saying item is starting to fall apart.

I offer refund if they return item to me now.

They say can't return, need to use item for longer (work) and when they do return the item to me, it will be destroyed.

I previously stated to them that the item must be in the condition as they received it in or close to for refund

but its destroyed now because they kept using it. Confirmed by pictures they have sent me.

Buyer also feels they are wasting there time sending it back to me because of this,

i think they are looking for refund without the return. Should they return item to me after kept using it to point of destroyed.

What to do if anything.

This buyer wants to have their cake - in this case, the cake is your item - and eat it, too. I would go into live chat and explain the situation, but I'm pretty sure, as gutterpunkz said, you have grounds to deny the return.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The buyer doesn't even want to return it because it would be "a waste of time", as the item is damaged, they "claim", but they also say that they still want to use it until it is totally dead. Really suspicious. They are basically saying it is not totally damaged yet, but they want to continue using it until it is, and then it is no use sending it back...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Can a buyer claim the item is starting to fall apart, refuse to send item back to me for refund because they need to use it longer & when they are finished with them send me pictures of them now destroyed.

I think i should just ignore his message, and if they open a case go from there directing ebay to the massages.

The buyer wonts a refund but fills he can no longer return the item, because they have abused there opportunity to return, making me so what feeling guilty of sending a faulty item.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Is there any particular reason why you are quoting the OP?

Have you read the responses, or do you have a warped sense of humour whereby you claim the OP's problem is yours, but don't bother to read the answers?

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Or have they forgotten which ID they have logged in with?

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Possible, but the command of English differs markedly.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply