Help please, with Premium Service.

lenixyz
Community Member

Hi all,

I am thinking about doing the Premium Service thing that ebay has introduced, but I am a bit confused.

They want you to have free post - I get that, but they also say they want you to have Express post as an option.  Surely they do not mean free also?

If I offer free postage with an option to Express Post at X dollars, how do I do this in my listings?  Is there somewhere that I can tick 'free postage'  but maybe further down on the 'create your listing' page is there a way to mark "you can get it Express for X" ?

I know I have to actually write it in my description, but just stuck on the other bit.

If this is the case, will eBay automatically add the Express cost that I (hopefully) specify?

Do all your listings have to comply to be in the Premium Service thing?  Or can you do, say, 100 out of your 200 and still qualify?

Some things I sell I cannot possibly do free postage on - I may as well give the stuff away! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(also, how do I find a member - ID 2266422)  Ta ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Help please, with Premium Service.

The express post option doesn't have to be free - you just need to select a different service to offer as free (eg standard, or an AusPost satchel), which you can tick as Free Post, then use the "Offer an additional service" option to provide an express post option, which you can add a cost to. The buyer will select their service during checkout, with the charge adjusted accordingly. You can always add the cost of standard postage to your items, then charge the difference for the express option. 

Premium service is listing specific, and it will only appear on qualifying listings (as long as the seller is Top Rated), so you can offer it on some, all or none of your listings.

You also need to offer a 30-day money back return policy, so be sure to outline any conditions for return.

To find a member, click on Advanced (small grey link next to the search bar at the top), then click 'By Bidder / seller', then enter the member ID. If you click by bidder, you'll be taken to a page of their recent bidding history, if by seller you'll be taken to their current listings (even if they have none).

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply