Help with a basic store and free listings available

Been selling off a bunch of my stuff off for a while now and finally went over my basic store 600 free limit (noticed I got changed listings fees on my last invoice).

Fair enough, I have auto-relist on unsold 'Good til Sold' listings, but boy is it hard to figure out what monthly listings I have left - there are 3 different amounts stated around the Ebay site and I would like to know which one is accurate. As of today 18/1/21: 

Promotional Offers says used 396 / 204

(This will change as more auto relists are done I imagine)

Under 'Overview': Sold listings 38 + active listings 562 = 600.

Then under 'Selling limit' it says: Currently, you've listed or sold 591 items...

Which one is correct? Or what am I missing something?

And after some community opinion - is it time to upgrade to the next level store? I still have heaps of things to list. 🙂

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jillari wrote:

This one.

Total number of active listings won't differentiate between what was listed under the last month's free allocation, and this month's. (You could do a quick overview & count by sorting current listings by ending soonest, though - by default it shows 50 per page, so you just need to count how many pages of listings you have showing they are due to tick over in the next couple of weeks, x that by 50 or however many are listed on a single page, plus an individual count of the ones that don't have a full page).

Selling limit just allows you to keep track of how much you have available to buyers at any one time, and over the course of the month. For example, your free allocation may be 600 listings, but you might have a selling limit of 1000 items (this is usually accompanied by a maximum total value in sales, as well). You can't exceed this particular limit at all, as I'm pretty sure eBay won't let you list beyond a selling limit. 

A featured store will give you 1500 free listings, and a minor discount to the FVF - it may be worth it as more items generally means more sales, but it's not guaranteed. An alternative option would be to cycle through listings on a continual basis, so that you never go over 600, but have a one month on - one month off system. It could get a bit hard to keep track of, though. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@jillari wrote:

This one.

Total number of active listings won't differentiate between what was listed under the last month's free allocation, and this month's. (You could do a quick overview & count by sorting current listings by ending soonest, though - by default it shows 50 per page, so you just need to count how many pages of listings you have showing they are due to tick over in the next couple of weeks, x that by 50 or however many are listed on a single page, plus an individual count of the ones that don't have a full page).

Selling limit just allows you to keep track of how much you have available to buyers at any one time, and over the course of the month. For example, your free allocation may be 600 listings, but you might have a selling limit of 1000 items (this is usually accompanied by a maximum total value in sales, as well). You can't exceed this particular limit at all, as I'm pretty sure eBay won't let you list beyond a selling limit. 

A featured store will give you 1500 free listings, and a minor discount to the FVF - it may be worth it as more items generally means more sales, but it's not guaranteed. An alternative option would be to cycle through listings on a continual basis, so that you never go over 600, but have a one month on - one month off system. It could get a bit hard to keep track of, though. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I,ve got a similar problem. One of my basic stores is knocking on the door of its 600 free listings. The way I,m managing it is to work out my average monthly sales, keeping around 15 extra listings above this figure ( in case of a sudden buyer splurge ) and then listing up to that figure.

For example if my average monthly sales where 50, I would add the extra 15 safety net to that figure giving 65. This will allow 535 listings. Its working well so far.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks!

I counted that I have 218 listings that will end/auto relist by 31st Jan (didn't count the ones on the 1st Feb as they will be in the new month - correct?).

My Overview Promotion says 203 left. Looks like I need to do a bit more culling.

I am guessing the sudden, second promotion that has appeared is a bug.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@jillari wrote:

Thanks!

I counted that I have 218 listings that will end/auto relist by 31st Jan (didn't count the ones on the 1st Feb as they will be in the new month - correct?).

My Overview Promotion says 203 left. Looks like I need to do a bit more culling.

I am guessing the sudden, second promotion that has appeared is a bug.

I'm showing that, too.

I won't be relying on it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply