Help with printing shipping labels with Dymo 4XL printer

I'm having trouble trying to print the prepaid shipping labels with my 4xl Dymo printer. There's no option to scale the label or really do any changes to the layout at all. I've noticed on the U.S site you can change the preferred printer before you print the label so the label matches the printer, but here there just seems to be default A4 page that you can't change at all.

Not sure if anyone has been able to get around it without having to download each label to their computer, open it in Adobe and then change the scale and print, there's no way I'm doing that for each label when I should be able to just press print and that's that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well I figured it out if anyone wants to know. It's so simple that I totally over looked it and there's no special techniques.

Using Firefox once you have confirmed the address and press the create label button, when the printer dialog box appears just select the (pages) option in the print range instead of (all). That's it! It prints perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You can still select a printer when using the labels, I know that as sometimes I forget I have been using my inkjet printer and don't change it back to my laser printer so waste ink printing the label in colour. . You must have some supersized labels if you wanted to print one of the ebay labels and still have the barcode readable but if it works you can alter the size of the label by either copy and pasting it into an editing program or by useing the reprint label which from memory opens it as a pdf document.

I can't imagine why you would go to all that trouble rather rhan using A4 paper which can produce 2 labels and they just fit into the satchel pocket.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I can't imagine why you would go to all that trouble rather rhan using A4 paper which can produce 2 labels and they just fit into the satchel pocket.

Not sure about OP, but given that they sell posters, they may have needs like thousands of other sellers that freight goods daily in their own packaging such as boxes and tubes - and not a satchel - so being able to print sticky label makes great sense to me in this type of situation. 

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

I have a dymo and have found the software that comes with them quite mediocre, the unit functions well unless there is a jam. There is no extra features or anything.

I have never used the converting software or whatever is integrated into ebay to do up labels. You could pay a software engineer to help. There is likely heaps of free stuff around as well.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

We have been using a laser printer and printing the A4 sheets then cutting them to size and taping them on, but this is really time wasting and a waste of paper. So I thought to get a label printer that prints the 4in by 6in labels the size is perfect, but no luck with ebay locking the size to A4!

The dymo is obviously trying to scale A4 to 4in by 6in. All we need is ebay to implement a proper printing dialogue box with scale options or an auto scale feature.

I know you get the popup dialogue box for the printers, but ebay needs to implement auto resizing to fit label printers. The U.S site has done it, but nothing here?

I've attached an image of what happens when we try to print the labels from ebay to the Dymo 4XL.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

How frustrating.

The whole Oz eBay set up of the labels default is thoughtless & environmentally irresponsible.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Dear Impressionposters,

If you are printing from pdf you may set the paper size to 1744907 

If you are not printing from pdf the option to set this paper size should still be selectable in yor respective software.

If the above does not provide a solution for you please contact the helpdesk for your country via www.dymo.com and your country's and/or language.

We are aways happy to be of service to our customers.

Kind regards,

Paul

Dymo Customer Service

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I initially had this kind of trouble. I select control, a, and p and then it goes tp printer select and allows me to print in correct size.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

That does work! A few more steps than just one click print, but it works.
The only problem is that it prints out 2 pages, so I just have to remember to select one page.

Also it only works on Firefox as I tried it on chrome and it didn't come out properly, but the works for me. Thank you!
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply